Potty training hit a wall, help!

Ok so my LO is now very good at using the potty when she has no diaper, panties or pull ups on. As soon as I put panties or something on her she pees on herself. She won't poop on herself if she has panties but she will pee. If she is wearing diapers on the other hand she will use them instead of the potty completely. What to do?? How do I get her to stop using it on herself so that I can put clothes on her without her peeing on everything everytime. She can't always be naked

ProudMammaMia

Asked by ProudMammaMia at 7:40 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• Summer is almost here. Have her run around outside with an old shirt down to her knees. After peeing on herself a few times, she'll get it. Or, use the Dr. Phil method and tell her she'll get a huge reward if she keeps the panties dry. Somthing big, like a visit from her favorite character (not sure how to pull that one off, good luck...)
    RobotLady

Answer by RobotLady at 7:45 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• How old is she???? You might be expecting too much too soon,, I would wait unitl she shows and intrest in using the potty,
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 7:46 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• personally I never had this issue, but I did have a friend who went through this with one of her little girls. . . and what she did (and it worked!!!) was take her shopping for panties. They picked Dora ones. and she told her DD that it would hurt Dora's feeling if she went potty in them. And if she wanted more special panties she had to be good to Dora and use the potty like a big girl. Don't know if this will help but it worked wonders for my friend, and her DD trained like a champ!
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 7:48 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Thanks I like the idea of her wearing long shirts, I'll use that when we are home and places like grandmas house where she can potty train too. But the issue is she pees on herself with panties or clothes on which is hard, because I can't stay home all day to keep her pants off. I feel like putting her in diapers or pull ups when we leave the house is taking a step back. To the we 2nd responder that is a valid point but is not the case here, she loves using the potty and does it on her own. So it's being too much doesn't make sense. It is impossible to always keep her panties off all day. She does have panties she picked out, they are hello kitty, I will try to get her to understand that she needs to keep hello kitty clean and dry. Thanks again
    ProudMammaMia

Comment by ProudMammaMia (original poster) at 8:00 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• hope it helps. . . GL
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 8:15 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• At this point anything will help!! :) she used to hate using the potty and now she runs as fast as she can and praises and claps for herself when she pees, it's so cute to see her so excited and proud of herself. I'm so happy for my big girl, she's 2 by the way.
    ProudMammaMia

Comment by ProudMammaMia (original poster) at 8:19 PM on Apr. 18, 2011