Desperately need a good sports bra for the large breasted - anybody know where to get one?

I have looked high and low and just don't know what to do. I wear a 42 DDD and I can't find a good sports bra to run in. (I'm doing Couch to 5K) I got one at WalMart this weekend that was supposed to be my size but the cup area was too small and it was huge in the band under my breasts and that seems to be the problem I'm having with all of them. But if I go any smaller so the band fits, the cup area is even smaller! But if I try and go bigger in the cup area, the band is massive. Suggestions?

Dabberdoo

Asked by Dabberdoo at 7:51 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Shopping

• not me....i need one too. I use 2 bra's. First i put on a regular under-wire bra & then i have to put a sports bra on top of it. I really need the extra support because i jog.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:52 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• LaneBryant.com
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 7:54 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I'm afraid I've had the same problem. I've tried Cacique too, that's Lane Bryant's lingerie store, and I've never found anything that works. I'm a 38 F, so I need an even smaller band.....and larger cup area....anything I've tried has been totally useless....
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 7:59 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• There are a few brands that make a great full figure sports bra. I usually buy them at Amazon.com. Name brands like Glamorise, Moving Comfort, Champion, Bali, and Playtex to name a few. There is just so much more of a variety online. If you aren't sure of your size Lane Bryant will do a free fitting to find the correct fit.
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 8:02 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Ohwrite just go to amazon and type.....38F sports bra. You will get many choices.
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 8:05 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I've found some, but they don't fit, as the original poster said, even if I find a 38 F...which I did with Lane Bryant, and through a couple of catalogs. the strap underneath is too big, and the cup area is too small.....
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 8:18 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Ive always wore bra + sports bra... DD here
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:55 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Bra + a sports bra is a good suggestion.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 1:21 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I'm a fan of www.junonia.com sportswear. They have a motion-stop bra for serious control!
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 1:32 PM on May. 31, 2011