Is it normal for a 2 yr. old to be sick colds coughs, temp, sore throat, about 50% of the time after starting pre-school? That what the pediatrician said.

helper100

Asked by helper100 at 7:56 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• indeed. which is why so many people are grossed out by daycare.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:58 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• My niece is going thru the same thing. Doc keeps saying Viral Infection. They finally put tubes in her ears and it has helped quiet a bit..
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 7:59 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• If they haven't been exposed to a lot of different kids/germs via a day care - yes it is.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:00 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Yes it is normal, I had to take my son out, he's 2 now but his first year- Bless his little heart he was always sick. Now I just have a nanny here at home 24/7 he has not gotten sick since ( poor baby) Never went through that with DD????
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 8:02 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Completely normal!!!
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 8:05 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Yes it's normal!! It is also normal for the kids to get sick every fall-winter once they start school as well (and don't be surprise if it cycle through your house more then once too).
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 8:31 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Yes, unfortunately. I am a special ed teacher in a small school district, and since we don't have enough resources to run a full special ed department in each school anymore, I now have to travel around the different buildings. This is the first year I've done it, and I have been sick CONSTANTLY. Lovely isn't it?!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:47 PM on Apr. 18, 2011