SHOULD INMATES 6O AN OVER BE RELEASED DUE 2 TERMINAL ILLLNESS

I have a 5 page essay due..2nite..I just need some pro's an con's as to why or why not..thank u in advance

FreeSpriT4eva

Asked by FreeSpriT4eva at 7:59 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• It depends on the crime. Was it a violent crime? Was it a crime against children? Sick people over 60 can recommit a crime so is there to be a psych eval done to see what the chances are? What happens if the medical field finds a cure and they are no longer terminal? There is so much to discuss. Didn't they let out the dude that was responsible for the Pan Am flight over Scotland for terminal illness and he miraculously got better when released? That leads to who is making the diagnosis? Did money buy the diagnosis? So many questions. So little time for your paper to be written

Answer by admckenzie at 8:39 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• HELL NO!!! They need to rot in prison. I don't see any pros to this. Dying or not, they should die in jail. No ifs ands or buts about that one. Dying doesn't give you a reason to be released.
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 8:03 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• i say no. maybe they can be given the choice to death penalty instead of living through the pain of an illness in an uncomfortable prison cell.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:06 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• If they are in jail for that long then they did a serious crime, so no. They didn't think about their victims lives so they are lucky they are even alive still.
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 8:07 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Lol..I'm tryna get a A..not get yelled at by my professor..lmbo
    FreeSpriT4eva

Comment by FreeSpriT4eva (original poster) at 8:08 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• maybe you should do a pros/cons type thing..one of the cons of releasing them would be notifiying the public of their release. some people may not be so happy (depending on the crime) and they may be hunted down.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:10 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Nope..
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 8:12 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Thank u @ shay113o u gave me a great reson 4 a con
    FreeSpriT4eva

Comment by FreeSpriT4eva (original poster) at 8:14 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• another reason...they have been in prison for life sentences..they have lost their outside lives...they have no home, no jobs, nothing. they will probably go out and repeat the same crime to get back in..it seems stupid. unless, they have some family memeber that is willing to take full responsibility over them.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:18 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• thank u
    FreeSpriT4eva

Comment by FreeSpriT4eva (original poster) at 8:28 PM on Apr. 18, 2011