My sleep issues are getting worse!!! (UPDATE I WOKE UP OUTSIDE)

I started having sleep issues when I was about 12, sleep walking, talking, wild dreams and so on. Sleep walking, eating, talking, fighting, odd behavior while sleeping and even sleep sex. Its a running joke in my family, people are always asking me if I am awake??? Well the past year or so, ITS NOT FUNNY ANYMORE!!! It is getting worse and worse, about 6 months ago everynight for two weeks I called my SO a bunch of swear words, telling him to f--off and leave and all kinds of awful things, I took a over the counter sleeping pill for about a month and when I took it, I had no outbursts. but I stopped taking it because I didn't think it was good to take it longer. The last three months I have been having insomnia, and the nights I finally sleep, I have been waking up standing in my living room or kitchen or sitting on the toliet or looking out my open front door. My SO spent 4 nights here last week(he has been staying at a sober living facility)on the second night, he said I got up three times the first time I was swearing and I jumped up and down three times on the third jump I came down on my knees and hopped up and got back into bed. The second and third time I rolled out of bed and got back in again. the other nights were full of walking and talking, he has been gone 4 months and I am not sure what I have been up to at night since he has been gone. I have lots of bruises and marks on my arms and legs I am scared that I will do something terrible like sleep drive or hurt my kids, or get out of my house and get hit by a truck. But what do I tell a doctor, and what if he orders a sleep study, and nothing happens, then what.,I have been also really scared I have been reseaching on the internet and I am scared it might be a seziure disorder, if so I will be lose my driving privilges, then what?

I woke up outside sitting on my steps--- I am freakin out!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:12 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Health

• You are going to have to talk to your doctor and yes, he may order a sleep study.

If you are worried about nothing happening, keep the video camera close by the bed and always charged. When an "episode" happens, the camera will be there and ready for your SO to tape what's going on. That will give you a record to show the doc what you are talking about. If he isn't there all the time (I noticed you mentioned something about a facility), set the camera up before going to bed and tape yourself for a few nights.

Good luck in finding answers and getting a good nights sleep.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 8:24 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Talk to your doctor about doing a sleep study.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:24 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• You need a sleep study. There are natural sleep aids available. I use melatonin. You can buy it in any pharmacy.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:25 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• what???? go to a doctor!!!!!! you need medical advice, not cafemom advice. seriously. i was (before reading your whole thing) going to suggest yoga, because i know for myself- i've had sleep/insomnia issues, and once i started doing yoga every night before bed, all of a sudden it went away. i do bikram yoga....just a 20min routine (it's a dvd), then i drink a cup of tea, and go to bed. it helps me tons, but your situation sounds sever, so i would get it checked out- and i'd refrain from over the counter sleeping pills until you see a doctor. good luck.
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 1:04 PM on Apr. 19, 2011