Its almost D DAY! adult content

I posted a question yesterday about pain at 37 weeks well today i had a dr appointment and he checked my cervix... he said im a good 1 CM dilated, 25% effaced, he can feel her head and with my due date 3 weeks away he doesnt think i will even make it 2 more weeks! So question is how fast did u ladies dilate when you first started? with my son i was a slow dilator... but at 36 weeks i was dilated to a 3 and she left me at a 3 till 39 weeks! my dr said thats not happening this time if im dilated any more when i go in next monday(if i make it that far) then we will talk about inducing and give another week to see if i can go into labor on my own!

TatymMommi

Asked by TatymMommi at 8:14 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Honestly I wouldn't let him induce you. I was induced with my first and labor is much harder and comes with risks. A lot of times an induced labor results in a c-section.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 8:16 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• i was induced with my 1st because he got stuck in my pelvis is why she said i stayed at a 3 and didn't progress any more... i didn't think the labor was that bad really, I didn't get an epidural till i was dilated to a 6....
    TatymMommi

Comment by TatymMommi (original poster) at 8:22 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I was induced with all 3. It wasn't bad at all, once they started i dilated and gave birth within 30 minutes. I was pretty fast with delivering my kids.

ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 8:25 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• i was 2 cm dilated at 36 weeks & im being induced this Wed (39 weeks) b/c at my appt last Wed i was 4 cm & 75% effaced. my Dr said its not safe for me to be walking around 5+ cm dilated (which is probably where i'll be since ive been having fake contractions every day). so it took me 2 weeks to go from 2 to 4.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 8:58 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• It is very normal to be dilated one or two centimeters for weeks-months. It might be better to decline the offer to get checked since that info is irrelevant and causes an emotional reaction.
    You could have the baby before morning with that info-- or it could be another 5 weeks or so before it's Time.

What kind of pregnancy-labor-birthing experience would you like?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:09 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Well of course im 100% ready... Also been drinking red raspberry leaf tea cause i was told that it helps the uterus during labor although it wont cause me to go into labor. with my son it was a calm birth even though i was induced... of course i don't want to have to get a c-section if at all possible.... im hoping for a birth that is sort of like it was with my son... nice, calm and happy....
    TatymMommi

Comment by TatymMommi (original poster) at 3:31 PM on Apr. 19, 2011