How do you feel about polygamy, NOT THE LDS MORMAN KIND WITH CO-ERSCION AND ABUSE JUST PLURAL MARRIAGE?

Ok i am not a polygamist nor am I even a morman...I do not believe in the coerscion of young underage girls or the physical and mental abuse towards young boys that the lds church is well known for, but I was kind of thinking as plural marriage as not so much of a bad thing if done correctly...I mean Ive seen the show big love, and It seems so perfect....so united I dont know maybe I am crazy but again let me say...I AM NOT A POLYGAMIST NOR A MORMAN AND I AM SO VERY AGAINST THE LDS AND THERE CRAZY BRAIDED HAIR LONG SKIRT WEARING ABUSIVE IDEAS....I JUST THINK SINCE EVERYMAN I HAVE EVER MET OR BEEN WITH CANT HELP BUT CHEAT ANYWAY, WHY NOT MAYBE IT BE IN A UNITED MARRIAGE SITUATION WHERE EVERYONE LOVES AND RESPECTS EACHOTHER[[IF THAT CAN HAPPEN]]

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Relationships

• I think when it's done with the full consent and choice of all involved, it can be a wonderful thing. Not for me, I've got too many cultural inhibitions to overcome, but I have no problem with it for other people and don't believe that polygamy should be illegal, it should just require all spouses names on the marriage cert so it's not just plural marriage for the male invovled.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:05 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• hmm having 2 husbands that are ok with eachother...i think it is fun to think about ..but i duno that i could ever go thru with it..no way i could share my so with another girl...i couldnt do it.lol.
    Anonymous

• I get what your saying, but it wouldn't be like Big Love. There would be jealousy and your husband might also have a preferance with the children. No TRUE love either..How can someone be the one when someone else is the two, three?
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 12:10 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Having 2 husbands sounds like fun. haha. But i would def. not share my husband. ;)

I hate cheaters. and what they are doing is cheating (in my point of view). so i would say... erm.. no. ;)

m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 12:17 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• mormons don't have plural marriage. why don't you get your facts straight. they did it in the past cause the men were being killed off and the women were not allowed to own land and would loose their houses. so the prophet asked men to marry the women to help them keep their lands and have a means to support the children and the poor women who lost their husband to ignorant people thinking that the mormons were evil people. like you do. also my lds boys are not abused and obviously you have your religions mixed up and find out false truths from others then finding out for yourself the real truth, like most ignorant mormon bashers do.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:24 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• there are people who started church that were excommunicated from the lds church and still called themselves mormons and still practiced polygamy but they are not the true lds church as this is not practiced anymore. this was a way of taking care of the mormon womens and children. i'm mormon and i know what goes on in my childrens life and take real offense when someone like you assume you know it all and then fill others people's head with doubts or thought of what you stated to be true inspite of the facts. i would never share my husband and he has never cheated nor have i. we have a strong family with strong values and i bet most mormons you know are not perfect but have good lives and are happy.
    melody77

• we probably have the strongest faith of all the religions out there cause we know something most don't and that is that the lord has restored his church in our church. i'm very blessed to be a member of the lds church and sorry that you are not strong enough to really find out the real truth for yourself and probably read false anti mormon stuff. what the church is today no matter how it started doesn't matter as much as what it is today so regardless of the polygamy from the past and not what is done today and we are all safe and protected in this church.
    melody77

• First, the LDS church does not practice plural marriage any more. The FLDS, I believe, is the group you are thinking of.

OK, now on with your question. Yes, I believe in polygamy. I am not a polygamist, but DH and I pray that one day we will live plural marriage. We are fundamentalist Mormons (not FLDS). There are many, many fundamentalist groups out there. We do not believe in forcing anyone to marry in a plural relationship. We have many friends who do live plural marriage. If lived righteously, you will get such wonderful blessings from Heavenly Father for living His law the way it should be. Remember, most of the Prophets in the Bible lived Celestial Plural Marriage.
    kcangel63

Answer by kcangel63 at 12:33 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Responding to:

"by: melody77 "mormons don't have plural marriage. why don't you get your facts straight...."

The early Prophets in the LDS church taught this about Celestial Plural Marriage:

"A key: Every principle proceeding from God is eternal and any principle
    which is not eternal is of the devil." (T.P.J.S., p. 181)

"But if ye enter not into my law ye cannot receive the promise of my
    Father, which he made unto Abraham. God commanded Abraham, and Sarah gave
    Hagar to Abraham to wife. And why did she do it? Because this was the law; and
    from Hagar sprang many people. And if he have ten virgins given unto him by
    this law, he cannot commit adultery, for they belong to him, and they are
    given unto him; therefore, is he justified." (D. & C. 132:33, 34, 62)

Continued on next post...

kcangel63

Answer by kcangel63 at 12:47 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• "Some people have supposed that the doctrine of plural marriage was a
    sort of superfluity or non-essential to the salvation of mankind.... I wish
    here to enter my solemn protest against this idea for I know it is false....
    Whoever has imagined that he could obtain the fulness of the blessing
    pertaining to this celestial law, by complying with only a portion of its
    conditions, has deceived himself." (J. F. Smith, J.D. 11:269)

"You might as well deny Mormonism and turn away from it as to oppose
    the plurality of wives. Let the presidency of this Church, and the twelve
    apostles, and all the authorities unite and say with one voice that they will
    oppose that doctrine, and the whole of them would be damned." (Heber C.
    Kimball, J.D. 5:203)

kcangel63

Answer by kcangel63 at 12:50 PM on Dec. 2, 2008