How do i tell my husband i dont want his sister up at the hospital when our daughter is born?

my husbands sister and i have a restraining order because she attacked me and now shes starting to feel quilty but im not i dont want her there and my husbands telling her she can come up. i dont want to be stressed out on the day of my daughters birth and i dont want to fight with my husband and i know this puts him in a very bad position but its my safety and my child im giving birth to and i do not want any drama on that day i need help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:36 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• just tell him. . . it is that simple . . . you are going to have a baby and don't want her there. . .
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 8:37 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• just be very straight up with him. you are the one pushing out the baby so you should be as comfortable as possible. you call the shots.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 8:38 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• "It's illegal for her to be near me. She could be arrested and jailed for it. She's not coming."
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 8:38 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I'd tell him flat out. Doesn't mean he will listen and if you are fearful tell one of your nurses.
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 8:39 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• If there's a restraining order involved, she can't be there legally anyway. Simple as that. He can't fight that.
    fricky29

Answer by fricky29 at 8:39 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• remind him about the restraining order and all the drama she caused to get the restraining order. you want him to know this day is about your child and you dont want anyone to steal that light from the baby away. be kind yet firm when discussing this with him. she has plenty of time to see the baby and it doesnt have to be that same day!
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 8:40 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• thanks those help a lil and im prolly going to talk to my nurses about it and hel just have to deal with it
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:41 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• and remember, its not like she is a nice person who deserves to be there. she hurt you, you are not doing any wrong!
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 8:42 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• shid, just tell his ass....................he's not crazy he know's the situation you all are in, get straight to the point
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 8:45 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• tell the nurses. they are use to being the "you cant come in" person & im sure if you tell them about the RO they will be more than happy to keep her as far away from you as possible. she has no rights to be there even if there wasnt a RO simply b/c you dont want her there.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 8:49 PM on Apr. 18, 2011