Why do I stink?!?!?!?! adult content

Does anyone else have this problem?

When I'm on my period I stink horrible and I can't figure out how to get rid of it. (It stops once my cycle is done) I shower everyday, sometimes more than once cause of the smell. I change my tampon or pad often and I even started using Summer's Eve femanine wash (not douche, just body wash). I will not douche because I did that before and got an infection from it. I was wondering if anyone had any tips that might help me out. I hate it and I feel like everyone can smell me. I stay home alot when I'm cycling cause I'm so self concious about it. Please don't criticize, I am not a dirty person and I take care of myself well, I just can't figure this one out :(

Please let me know if you have found anything that might help this problem. Thanks so much ladies :-/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:02 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Health

• I've been told to drink more water. Also using rephresh right before ur cycle might help. It works wonders for me after my cycle. U can buy it everywhere. Health food stores also sell vitamins to help ur body naturally smell better.
    aprilavenmarg

Answer by aprilavenmarg at 10:07 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• It sounds like hormones.. maby talk to your dr about it, you may have a high amount of the female hormone that is causing a more potent smell. thats where I would start. it has nothing to do with not being clean...
    sarahlu

Answer by sarahlu at 9:08 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• when in doubt go to the gyno.
    jenboben388

Answer by jenboben388 at 9:16 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I'd ask a close friend or someone you trust whether or not they can smell it, because a lot of times it seems really bad to you, but other people don't smell it at all.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 9:06 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I've always been told by my OB that is there's a bad smell somethings wrong. Have you always had this problem or is it just recent? I would call my OB, there's usually a nurse who takes calls like that and can be very helpful.
    lovinlifewith5

Answer by lovinlifewith5 at 9:06 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• My DH swears he can't smell it or that it's not that bad, but I really think he's trying to be nice because he knows how bad it bothers me...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:14 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I also agree that you should check with your gynecologist first. The only thing that my husband has mentioned to me - is that my breath has a weird smell when I'm menstruating. Every one's body is different. But if the problem is limiting you enough that you are staying away from people...I think it' time to talk to some one in he medical field that can help.

Bostonsbest

Answer by Bostonsbest at 10:06 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• has it been going on for awhile?
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 11:27 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Hormones. Women have a stronger sense of smell than men.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:22 AM on Apr. 19, 2011