Is she where she needs to be??

DD will be 2 1/2 months old June 15....She definitely says atleast 75 words (thats just what I can count off the top of my head)..When I try to teach her new words when reading a book and pointing at a picture for example she almost always is able to say them (or atleast get semi close lol ) but I sometimes worry she isnt where she needs to be for her age...She is able to ask for certain think that she wants like milk, water, eat or snack (she just says the one word) But when shes upset and wants something, more often then not I cant understand what shes saying and I tell her to calm down and use her words so she does but she uses her toddler babble instead of actual words...She does say things like thank you, please, "come on momma!!" when she wants me to follow her or I love you, "watch woody" (aka toy story 3 lol) but I just wonder if shes where she needs to be...Shes my only child and I dont know whats normal and whats not honestly

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• Sounds like she is coming along GREAT. heck when i get upset over something sometimes I can't even understand myself :)
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 9:22 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• She sounds right on! She'll speak more clearly in time. Keep helping her say the words the way they are supposed to be said. When she is upset wait until she can calm down and then ask her to use words.

Answer by Bmat at 9:23 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• She is just doing great!! SHe probably has more thoughts in that little head of hers than she can get out!!

Any day now, she'll go through a period of being really grouchy, irritable, a not sleeping. At the end of that, she's be speaking in sentences! (Have you ever noticed that they do that when they are preparing for the milestone?)

Good job mama!
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 9:47 PM on Apr. 18, 2011