SAHM's how do you look?

Just curious how many of you sahm's get "dressed" everyday. By that I mean clothes (not warmups) make-up, and hair done. I have my days when I stay in my grubby clothes because I'm hardcore cleaning or doing yard work, but for the most part I'm dressed with makeup and my hair done everyday. I just don't want to get in a funk where I don't care about myself, plus I like looking nice when dh gets home. So what do you do to get ready for the day?

lovinlifewith5

Asked by lovinlifewith5 at 9:25 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I get dressed every day, wear a little makeup every day. On days where I'm planning to do a lot of gardening or heavy housework, I still wear the same simple makeup (eyeliner, a little lip stain under balm) but I pull my hair behind me into a braid and wear stretch khaki's and a simple shirt. I always wear earrings - simple, small gold hoops on busy work days. I rarely leave my bedroom in the morning before I'm dressed. My dad always insisted that we come to breakfast 'ready to greet the day'. I guess that teaching just stuck with me.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 2:49 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I do my hair but don't wear make up that offten. I don't always get dressed until DH is getting ready to come home. That is unless I have to go somewhere.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 9:28 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I stay in my pjs and pull my hair up most days. My house is clean, dinner is always made on time, kids are taken care of played with read to given bathes... I see no point in getting dressed, doing my hair and makeup if I'm just cleaning and doing things around the house. I will get dressed, when we go outside, even if it's just to play outside. I do my hair and makeup if we have things to do, but other than that, I'd rather be comfy while cleaning....
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 10:38 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I keep myself looking good. I don't let my man come home to me looking the same as when he left :)
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 9:28 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Most successful (working or whatever) SAHM's get up like they were going to be going to job. Statistics say that if you get up and act like you have somewhere to go or something to do, you have more success during your day with anything. Even if that anything is only cleaning your home!
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 9:32 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Oye! I wear warm-ups everyday and toss my hair in a ponytail....I'm huge preggo and after cleaning all day and running after my 4 yr old plus getting dinner together...I just don't have the energy to put into how I look.....terrible I know but...that's how it is lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 9:34 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• well i feel like a bum lol.. im in pj's or yoga pants sweatshirt..and hair in pony tail. if i go to the store yes i get dress and brush my hair but thats if i go outside. my kids are clean and takencare of, the house is spotless, animals are clean. dinners are made. and my dh is gone from 530 am to about 9-930pm so even if i did something to myself by the time he gets home its late and were both tired. everytime i dolled my self up no one saw it but our youngest who is 5 now. so its pointless. but once in a bluemoon i will doll myself up..and do what i always do..clean and scrub so im sure my mop was impressed lol.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 10:55 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I have to get dressed every day I have a school age child that I get on the bus and would never ever go outside in my pajamas
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:43 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• i get dressed everyday.. but don't always put on make up and that but on the weekends i do..
    AJMcGuire

Answer by AJMcGuire at 2:32 PM on Apr. 19, 2011