when you make chicken noodle soup homemade...

what seasonings do you put in it or do just use salt and pepper?

americansugar80

Asked by americansugar80 at 12:09 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I use salt, pepper, garlic powder, a little old bay, and some parsley.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 1:05 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I boil my left over chicken carcass and use that as my base, then I add some Chicken Boulian (sp?). The veggies add their own flavor, so I don't use very much, but I do mince a whole onion and toss it in.

CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:12 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:12 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I use a chicken boyyoun cube for seasoning inthechicken while I boil it. Also using that water in the meal itself. I sometimes use chicken stock. Then salt and pepper.....
    mommymeof2

Answer by mommymeof2 at 12:13 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I use some parsley and just a pinch each of basil and thyme.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:21 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Use a rotisserie chicken, take off the meat, put the bones in a pot along with onion (with the skin to give the stock color), carrot, celery, bay leaf, salt, pepper, and thyme. Add enough water to cover and simmer for 90 minutes. Strain out and discard the bones and vegetables. That's your stock. Use the meat along with onion, carrots, celery, egg noodles, salt, pepper, bay leaf, a tiny bit of poultry seasoning and thyme for the soup. A little garlic too, if you like garlic. Personally I prefer using the rotisserie chicken to uncooked chicken. It gives the soup a roasted flavor that you don't get just by boiling the chicken.
    icook

Answer by icook at 1:22 PM on Dec. 2, 2008