How many baby bottles do you need if you plan to nurse....sahm

I plan on nursing full time, but I do want bottles for if I have to go out and I need a sitter or dh watches the baby. I plan on buying those breast milk freezer bags to put in the freezer. I am also a sahm I very rarely ever go out with no kids, but if I do how many bottles will I need.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• I'd say 3 at most, really.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:40 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• 2 or 3
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:42 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• actually 3 is what I was thinking
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:43 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I had about 10 but II really didn't use them all. I would say about 3.
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 9:43 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I'd say buy a set of 3 or 4 and go from there. Everyone's different and does things differently... so really, it's kind of hard to find a "right answer".
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 9:45 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Depends on how long you plan to be gone, or want to be prepared for. You should store breastmilk in 2-3 oz increments, and baby needs 1-1.25 oz per hour of separation. So for 2-3 hours, you shouldn't need more than one, if that. For an afternoon, say 5 or 6 hours, nurse before you leave, and you'd need 2 or 3 bottles at most.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:48 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I nursed exclusively with both my babies, and did pump and freeze milk. I think we had 4 of the smallest bottles (maybe 6 oz?) and some of those freezable containers to put the milk in.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 9:49 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Honestly I really only used one while I was nursing but had several on hand from friends and family that purchased them.
    Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 9:53 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I would buy a couple to hook to your pump and then one to pack in a bag. If you are freezing it in the milk bags, you shouldn't ever need to pack more than one. When my mom had my kids while they were still nursing, she would just wash out the bottle when it was empty and thaw more milk for the next feeding.

I think you would be safe with 3.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:16 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Really 2 or 3. It depends on how long you plan to stay out when you do go.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:36 AM on Apr. 19, 2011