Laxatives adult content

What I don't get about them is how do they make you lose weight? Is it just by pooping more you lose weight cause everything is moving out of you faster???

I heard someone on tv make a joke about drinking coffee and taking laxative to get the flat stomach lol I'm not trying to do it cause I don't want to spend all day on tthe toilet.

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 9:34 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Mostly what you lose is water weight and it is dangerous do the amount of electrolytes you lose and the high risk of dehydration.
    wendydays

Answer by wendydays at 9:36 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• The idea is getting your food out of your system before your small intestine can absorb it. It's SO dangerous. I hope you're just asking out of curiosity! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:38 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• It pushes food out of your system before you can fully digest it, and it is dehydrating as well. Obviously not recommended, but that is why it causes people to lose weight.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:14 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• i did this once ( i know i know ) i was 19 and stupid but i drank pedialight for the electolights..and water. but in the end i looked skinny but sickly.. was not good. im 33 now and much smarter. so hopeing you are not gonna try it..
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 10:59 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• no I just never understood it. I do not want to be on th etoilet all day and if u lose weight super fast u gain it back plus some. lol
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 11:04 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Exactly!! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:12 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• That is an extremely unhealthy way to lose weight and your body can end up becoming dependent on them. But it is actually very important for weight loss, as well as the over all health of your entire body, to make sure you are having 1-3 bowl movements a day. Of coarse, I'm meaning by having the correct amount for you of fiber, water, and oil such as fish oil in your diet. That's the natural and healthy way to remove toxic waste from your body which will help everything else work properly.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 1:32 AM on Apr. 21, 2011