I want to buy those baby bottles that have those drop in bags, but can those bags be reusable?

I really want to use those bottles, but the drop ins are kinda expensive. Can you wash them out after each use and reuse them? If so how long can you reuse them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• I washed and reused my plastic milk storage bags many many times. I have never used the drop in bag bottles- I have heard that they can be dangerous.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 9:37 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• You can buy the generic at Target, WalMart, Sam's, BJ's, etc. This makes it a lot cheaper.
    I wouldn't reuse them.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:39 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• we never reused them because of how thin they are depending on the brand you get. I'm sure you COULD reuse them but i personally would not
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:40 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Just get the Playtex Air Vent Advanced. They are a lot better than the drop-ins. We tried the drop-ins and hated them.
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 9:47 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I used the playtex drop-ins with my breast pump they were very handy. I did not reuse since I only had to use them when she was in daycare.
    Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 9:51 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I wouldn't reuse them either unless you can boil them to sterilize them.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:20 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• You might be able to use one of those uv ray machines to kill all germs and bacteria to reuse them but that would cost. It might be better just to buy more bags. I used them and I liked them.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:25 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I used the playtex ones with the generic liners and so long as you're home and wash it immediatly in hot, soapy water, I think it's fine. I'd use the same one 3 times in one day before throwing it away. They're BPA free now, so washing them is harmless. :) GL
    KariLyn84

Answer by KariLyn84 at 11:09 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I did what Karilyn84 did and it was great for me. I didn't have any issues washing them but make sure you don't let them get grose if you are going to reuse them.
    sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 4:16 AM on Apr. 19, 2011