Sacral Dimples???

When my DS was a newborn his Pedi pointed out that he had two dimples above his butt. When I asked if it was normal she said "It happens" she didn't seem concerned. My Mom had DS today and mentioned that he had "3 little holes above his butt" I looked and she was talking about these dimples, and she was right there is a third one I didn't know about. Although it's in his crack and you actually have to look for it. The third one was discovered during bath time just in case you were wondering lol. Anyway I googled what they were and found out they could be bad, but in no article that I read did I find anything about having more than one dimple. I was just curious if your kids have this and if they have more than one, or if you've heard of a child having more than one? His Pedi didn't seem worried about it at all. Having read some of these articles I think I might be though. DS is now 16 months old.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If the pediatrician isn't worried, then you shouldn't be. Take a deep breath, if there were neural tube defects, they'd have shown up by now.
    Anonymous

• i gots them 2 & i wuz told its from wen we were in mamas belly an stil had a tale
    Schnizzle

Answer by Schnizzle at 10:59 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• yea my dd has two right above her butt.like lil dimples.i think there cute i dont thinks there a need for worry.
    amanda71205

Answer by amanda71205 at 11:03 PM on Apr. 21, 2011