Easter storybook for preschooler?

Any suggestions on some good books for for 3-5 year olds that explains Easter...Resurrection Sunday...? My grandkids love books and I'd like them to know there is more to Easter than the bunny.

Alradja

Asked by Alradja at 10:27 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I just saw a basic one at Berean today. "The Very First Easter" but you have to get the boardbook version, there's another version that I think is too advanced for young children in understanding.

There are also "the legend of" books. "The Legend of the Easter Egg" and "The Legend of the Sand Dollar" may be good ones.
    Anonymous

• What a good idea for a meaningful gift at Easter.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 11:51 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I just purchased The Easter Story by Particia A Pingry at Borders last night. It's very cute, gently done and beautifully illustrated.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 9:00 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Do they live with you? There are some Easter cookies that I make with my kids every year - as you add each ingredient there is an explanation of it's significance in relation to the Easter story, then you leave them in the oven overnight. When you bite into them the next morning, they are hollow (like the tomb was). You can google "Easter story cookies" to find the recipe.

Answer by missanc at 9:34 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Thanks for the suggestions! They do not live with me. I see them nearly everyday tho.
    Alradja

Comment by Alradja (original poster) at 11:14 PM on Apr. 19, 2011