Do your children follow you around the house and have to know where you are going everytime you get up?

For some reason this annoys me beyond all reason! lol

SIT DOWN SOMEWHERE! It doesnt matter where I'm going! DONT FOLLOW ME TO THE BATHROOM!!!!

LMAO

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 10:40 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• My 4 year old does, but only when the other kids are in school and she has no one else to focus on but me. I think because she is the youngest of three she is really not used to being alone. If I go into another room when it's just me and her she will run in within a minute or two, saying "Mom, I didn't know where you went!" And if I take a shower, she periodically stands in the doorway and shouts: "Mom! Are you still in there?" It's like she things I might just disappear if I'm outside her range of vision or something!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:16 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Not anymore. but they do have bad timing on when to ask a question or show me something. If am sitting and doing nothing then they don't bother me but when im in the shower, on the toilet, or on the phone, it's "MOMMY!"
    JayRo00

Answer by JayRo00 at 10:46 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Not so much anymore, but I loved having them follow me around LOL!

txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 10:42 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• i don't remember the last time I went to the bathroom by myself
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 10:44 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Yep...dd's almost 3 and that's all she does..I stand up to take my dishes to the sink and I hear "hey mom, where you going?"
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 10:44 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• yes, its like he must be entertained 24/7. he really ticked me off tonight and i sent him to his room. usually i can put up with it but he was sitting under me and sighing over and over..and i told him to go to his room. i felt bad but geez i need a break from that sometimes.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:50 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• OMG that drove me nuts. They haven't done it really since we moved here but when we were living at my dad's my two younger girls followed me every where. They were 4 and 7. I swear I could be sitting in my room on the computer with the door open for hours without them bothering me but as soon as I shut the door they'd be barging in like they thought I might jump out the window or something. I was constantly telling them to leave me alone for a minute. Now it's just the baby (9mo) which is kind of cute but I have to watch when I take a step back because he is always there.
    I've never allowed them in the bathroom with me, though. They have sat right outside banging on the door but never inside.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:54 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• My 5 year old will not let me leave the room without treading at my heals. If I'm able to get away from her to go to the bathroom, I'll lock the door and within a minute or two she'll be pounding on the door yelling "MOMMY! LET ME IN!"
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:31 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• my 4 year old does when he doesn't feel good but for the majority of the time he finds things to do to entertain himself
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 6:53 AM on Apr. 19, 2011