My sd is 12 and posting inapproitae things on facebook, dh is mad and bm dosent care

sd is 12 and posting or likeing things that are not great like....beautiful means bangabel...smart means get on me...and stuff about pot and smoken like cheech and chong. my bil called me to ask me if i saw her fb page which i hadent so i go on look and find this stuff. dh is fuming saying shes sending out the wrong message. she is inocent with pictures and stuff its certin things she "likes" on fb. so dh had me email her telling her to knock it off. and of corse bm says nothing when she does post things stuff like not nice______. but never says hey your 12 stop it. bm dosent moniter her well at all. and of corse i get thrown into it. my dd is on fb but i moniter her like a halk i saw swear words once and stoped it ( she is 13 ) its always the 12 yr old. what am i to do? i get to listen to my dh bitch like its my fault.

tabbys4

Asked by tabbys4 at 10:48 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• TOS for FB is 13 - get her SHUT DOWN!
    Anonymous

• A 12 year old has no business on the internet or facebook....
    3teddybearz

Answer by 3teddybearz at 10:51 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• just let your husband deal with her, it's his kid
    prettybaby1

Answer by prettybaby1 at 10:52 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• i am the same way i watch my daughter fb account like crazy. I would send a screen shot of it to her mother, and if she doesnt do anything about it, then all you can do is have your DH talk to her, if he doesnt want to talk to her, then when she is in your home I would just suggest she does not use FB if she is not being responsible and age appropriate. I would just talk to the 12 and 13 year old at the same time and explain the dangers of "advertising them selves" Also the lack of self respect. If you feel she is doing drugs because of the cheech and chong comments, i would recommend to DH to do a drug test. But remeber like me your are just the SM, even though we care, and we want the best, they are not our children, and we want to protect them, but there is only so much you can do. you can be there when they fall to pick them up. that is with your step and your bio children. i would still suggest a talk with both girls!
    cmerc19

Answer by cmerc19 at 10:59 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• facebook is not for children
    hodgkinrus6

Answer by hodgkinrus6 at 11:01 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• You can report her page to facebook and they will remove it because she is underage.
    lovinlifewith5

Answer by lovinlifewith5 at 11:09 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• thank u cmerc 19_ i do moniter my 13 yr olds fb. i have her pass word any everything the worse she has said on it is pissed. and i swooped right in. even posted on her wall..so everyone could see it. and shes been good since and i have checked her messages and there all fine. nothing bad. stuff like the mall and shoping for a dress. but with sd its harder i cant moniter like i can my own. when she is here she dosent go on facebook only at her house. and bm seems to ignore whats going on. or dosent care. we do plan on haveing a sit down with the girls and discussing the situation ( well dh is im gonna be there but i will let him talk and chime in if need be ) and like i said i did e mail sd saying age appropite and stuff... i know shes not doing drugs but feel shes trying to be "cool" and shes sending the wrong message about everything. as for bm she allows them to watch family guy its there fav show. i dont think so.
    tabbys4

Comment by tabbys4 (original poster) at 11:12 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• the consiquence for being inapproprate on Facebook is closing the account. If she isn't mature enough to be responsible with it, its gone until she is older. All parents need to be on board.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 11:28 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• unfortunately there is nothing much you can do about it. . this issue really needs to be handled by her parents though imo.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 11:39 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Tell your husband that it is his daughter and you are not responsible for her. If he has a problem with it to take it up with his daughter and her BM. It's his place, not yours.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:35 AM on Apr. 19, 2011