If you didn't think that a child that is supposed to be your son's child really is, would you say something?

Like, not, you saw his wife/gf cheating or anything, just the baby doesn't look much like him. My friend is going through this. Her husband is Hispanic (very dark) and she is white. The baby was born with blond hair, blue eyes and VERY white skin. My friend swears it's her husbands and I have no reason not to believer her but her mother in law keeps telling everyone it's not his baby. It's to the point that she is thinking about doing a paternity test just to prove her wrong. Her husband mostly backs her up but I think sometimes he has a little doubt because of how much his mom tries to convince him

JLS2388

Asked by JLS2388 at 10:56 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• No, thats not my place....plus looks change...me and my daughters father are both black...(he's caramel and I'm hershey's bar brown) Kelley was born so light (like a little white baby) that if they wouldnt have immediatly given her to me I would have thought she was the wrong child...now that she is 4 she looks more like us but it took her a long time to darken up lol....maybe the baby hasnt settled into his/her looks yet.....If her husband believes that the baby is his then that is all there is to it.

Hope everything works out with your friend mama
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 11:03 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• My sister had an issue like this, her boyfriend's mom was telling everyone the baby wasn't her son's kid so just to shut her up my sister had the paternity test done and threw it in the faces of every single person who doubted her. Nothing your friend says is going to convince her MIL that the baby is her son's kid until you have proof.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 11:04 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• My family is mostly hispanic and they all married Caucasians... We have a range of redheaded green eyed kids, to blonde hair blue eyed ones, and brown hair brown eyed ones.. plus every single one has had at least one dark skinned kid (except one aunt). It's not uncommon at all. I would say that the MIL is just being a b****. That's MO with what you posted.
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 11:05 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Every child needs a mommy & daddy. If your son loves this child, let him love the child.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:11 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Sounds to me like the MIL needs to put a sock in it! I would do the test and then throw the results in her face.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:23 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I've seen black couples have white babies... it's only skin pigmentation, but by all means get a stupid paternity test.
    Baby8901

Answer by Baby8901 at 11:34 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• My x swears our youngest dd isn't his bc she was born with dark hair. The other two are blondes. Of course her dark hair fell out and the blonde hair came in but he's not convinced. I told him to pay $500 for the DNA test or shut the f up. She's 33 and he still runs his mouth until he needs something from her. Then it's "help your old dad out". Some men and MIL's are just jerks

Answer by admckenzie at 12:18 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• As long as her husband believes that this is his child that is all that matters. Not what his mother thinks.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:22 AM on Apr. 19, 2011