Depressed badly today...

I'm soooooooooo depressed today. Just everything hit me at once & I can't seem to recover from it. the phone call from my lawyer with bad news didn't help either. I just want to cry, but can't. I want to eat, but can't. I want to sleep, but can't. I want to vent to someone I know that cares, but I can't bc I just feel I can't. IDKY!! Ugh! I've been working SO hard to get my life together & in one phone call, it all crumbles into a million pieces. I have an amazing SO that wants me to vent & is very supportive. He knows something is wrong, but I just can't do it, which is the first time ever!! I always feel comfortable venting & crying to him. I just don't feel comfortable today. What's wrong with me ? I'm already on anti depressants & anxiety meds. I can't seem to get my therapist to freakin' call me back to schedule an appt. I just don't know what to do right now. My depression has been doing great, but this one phone call from my lawyer .... ruined everything.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Health

• Sounds like the phone call set you off, you were doing better but kind of on rocky ground. Is this (call) something that you can forgive/forget/get over in time?
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 10:57 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Girl, I feel ya! I have having one of those weeks too. My dad is dying of cancer, I guess I have been in denial about how bad it is, but I went on a trip to help him get a cancer treatment and saw just how sick he really is. It has been an awful realization. Also my husband got fired 3 weeks ago and he hasn't done anything to figure out what he is going to do. Then I stepped on the scale today and it was horrifying to see the number. It is just one thing after another, and is just starting to feel like it is crushing me. I really know how you are feeling.

You know what I did today? I went out and exercised for 10minutes and made a plan to reach my goals of losing weight, I also talked to my husband about how much his ambivalence about finding a job is doing to me, so he agreed to buck up and figure out his stuff to find a new job.
    Cont...
    Anonymous

• Cont...

As for my dad, there is nothing I can do to help him, but I can make the most of the time I have with him. So I am making a plan to see him more and spend quality time with him.

My point is that right now my life may suck, but I am working hard to take the bulls by the horn and not lie down and take it. Get out and work towards figuring out your problems and spend less time moping about what a horrible hand you have been dealt. It will help you feel better.
    Big HUGS Momma!
    Anonymous

• Tell your SO that you appreciate his concern, but you will talk about it when you are ready. Sometimes you have to deal with some things on your own (mentally), and get things right in your mind before you can talk to anybody else about it. I totally understand. If you can't think straight you won't be doing anybody any good until you get your thoughts, thought out. Just take things one day at a time and eventually you will come to terms with what is going on.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:18 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• thanks for sharing your story and all your helpful advice. These are issues that I really don't have control over. It's the court system & whatever my lawyer says. I've been doing everything possible to pick myself up & shit just keeps on happening. Its sorta like I take one step forward & get knocked back 6 steps. lol Seriously. Its like everything I have control over, I'm fixing, I fixed & now its like nothing is working out. The whole custody ordeal... nothing I can do about it. I've done everything on my part. Been honest, been a good mom, going to school, etc. it all depends on what the courts think. My son's well fair when he's with his father.. i've done everything in my power to get the courts to see the truth, so its just a waitin game. My schooling ... I won't ever be able to handle taking 16 credits, working, & being a single mom. Won't happen. Can't take the next step with my SO until this whole court issue
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:26 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• is done & over, which its just beginning for the 2nd time in just a year! His dad insists I'm a horrible mom & I'm truly not. He does everything he can to "prove" how horrible I am and keeps trying to take my son away from me... he's going to lose again. I know that but there's still always those "what ifs" ya know ?? If I lose (which he doesn't have any grounds to win, but still) its just a worry you know ?

My lawyer said I shouldn't move in with my SO until we get a second loss under my ex's belt bc it will be easier when he takes me back for the 3rd time... so that has to be held off which its for the best for my son which is the most important thing in the world, but its still depressing you know ?? Who knows how long this battle is gonna go on when the last one lasted 1 1/2 years. The thought of my ex taking me back to court to try to take my son away from me every time I make another move in life even a positive one
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:31 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• is sooooo depressing & discouraging. I love my son so much & I will do anything necessary to make sure I don't risk losing him.. so if that means never leaving my parents house until he's 18 than thats what I have to do & will do. If that means never being with another man until he's 18 I will do it. It just soooo depressing thinking that I'll always have to consider my son's dad taking me back to court every single time I make any kind of move. A new job, move into a new apartment, etc. ya know ? He will too bc he wants to hurt me. He's soooooo bitter that I left him. He once told me if he can't have me no one can. IDK I just feel like I had my son on purpose with the worst man in the world. My son deserves SO much better than this. Why would his father want to take him away from me ? I'd never want to take him away from his father even tho his father is a p.o.s. and I have proof of it to a certain extent. venting sorry
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:35 AM on Apr. 19, 2011