What's up with this big girl vs Skinny girl thing? Whatever happen to being healthy?

In my opinion I think it's a security thing. I like dancing, exercising, being able to be picked up and tossed around when the time is right but this is the 2nd, but very last time a "big girl" is going to start mocking me and picking fight because I like walking up the stairs without losing my breath!

Am I the trippin on my own ego? Cause this one particular person is going to lose one the best people she will ever know! My own sister!

SMITxsM2

Asked by SMITxsM2 at 11:00 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• if your thinner then her, do you think she wants to lose weight and can't so she's jealous?
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 11:05 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• What does she say?
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:06 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• eatingthat is unfortunate. i have seen hate come from fat women a lot. some of them are very bitter and they have this grudge against skinny girls but this is rarely ever talked about. we always hear about fat people being discriminated against but never the other way around. what these fat chicks need to realize is that some in shape women do a lot of work to achieve that look and they have the will power to put the fork down. yep it's called power of choice......

gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 11:10 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Im not even skinny I got hips but a six pack and very toned arms. I work it out My grandfather had a triple bypass and my grandmother had colon cancer. I just wanna be healthy, but she goes around with all her flab shaking it talkin about big girls rule, when Im in the house jus loungin she like you look like a cracked head one time I had to be rushed to the hospital and lost 15 lbs due to food poisoning for 2 weeks I thought was the flu this winter and kept taking thera flu but was making it worse, one time she seen me give my kids a bagel she like that's what they eat for lunch, when It was just something they kept begging me for before I even got dinner planned! Oh, don't get me started on the food I eat because giving my kids some kind of vegetable with every meal is torture! she even called CPS on me saying I'm neglecting them. Do know how many dishes I have to wash steaming, chopping, and washing fresh food for my kids?
    SMITxsM2

Comment by SMITxsM2 (original poster) at 11:24 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Yea she def has a problem putting the fork down. I fact she has a problem to a NO of things like her husband who takes advantage of her, oh I feel so sorry for her but I told time and time again she also got mad at me for breaking up with my daughters abusive father and became best friends with him after the breakup telln him all of my business so every time he sees me he has something to say or be mad about. But again this is not only my sister I hear this a awful lot, Sorry I was just venting. LOL tried to "work it out" but it only works a little bit for my emotional and mental stress.
    SMITxsM2

Comment by SMITxsM2 (original poster) at 11:33 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• There's this big push for "fat acceptance", and while I believe it's good to a point, the health issue is always there. That's not to say that all skinny people are healthy and all heavy people are unhealthy, but there are a lot of people who don't take care of themselves, and many of them are overweight. Look at the rise in obesity in America (and in other developed nations Around the world). We are calling for acceptance of this, rather than educating people about how they can actually make healthy choices fit into their lives. I've spent mos of my adult life overweight or obese, and it's taken a health scare and getting pissed off enough about being limited to actually make changes that will stick for the rest of my life. Many people don't hit their "rock bottom" until it's too late. I think there needs to be some recognition of people who aren't stick/model thin and who aren't morbidly obese, and recognize what's healthy.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:11 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• The CPS thing is insane. I was kind of with her thinking maybe she was just insecure and needed to overcompensate with the commentary until you said she called CPS on you!! Yeah, that would be all I could take.

I have had a lot of trouble with eating disorders and when I get underweight my sister has told me I look like a crack head and that I look awful, but I know that comes out of love and her wanting me to get better...plus, she is not exactly a "thin thang" and I think she takes it personally that she tries to live healthier than I do, and is still overweight. Putting the kids in the middle of it is just WAY over the line. I can't imagine dealing with that!!!!!!!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:14 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I'm just plain sick of it and from it. I understand evrybody needs love and acceptance but I feel people need to accept the fact that somethings should not be celebrated and not at all tolerated like a starving and/or obese person. In my mind I believe the information is out there enough and has been for a loooooong time for what is healthy and not healthy its the fact of now a days we have more options and people need to stop making excuses and accept what's right, being alive and well for the people who need you most, your loved ones. Get help if you need to or all you're doing is hurting your loved ones! It's not fair!
    SMITxsM2

Comment by SMITxsM2 (original poster) at 1:33 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• You might be surprised how many people don't know how to incorporate a healthy lifestyle into their existing lives. Theydont see where they have the time (or energy) to work out, and they don't think they have time to make healthy food. Many people don't know how to cook properly, and they flavor everything with salt and butter becausetheydojt know how to use other seasonings. They also don't know how to choose low calorie, filling foods that actually taste good. I know one of my biggest problems with losing weight before was always being hungry. Many people don't know how to pay attention to hunger signals, because they cram down meals, or they eat while doing other things, so they just eat until there's no more food. I'm not making excuses, but these are from my own experiences with nutrition clients and as a person who has been obese. Yes, there will always be excuses, but people will only change on their own terms.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:30 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I am mocked by my family for being thin. They tell me I look unhealthy and say many negative things because I am not obese like the rest of them. We will not go to family dinners now since they will try to force feed my poor kids crap. We will eat healthy foods and then show up after they have eaten. My kids will have a small slice of cake my mom makes as a treat when we get there. My kids hate going they are called skinny and sickly by family. My kids are all very healthy never sick and they are so smart. Most of my siblings kids are obese, sick all the time and they struggle in school. They are eating a diet of crap which will have an affect on their body and mind. I told my mom next family gathering if one negative thing is said about my healthy family we will not come back. We are supposed to visit this weekend curious to see what happens.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Apr. 19, 2011