This is a spin off from another question i had..kids and family guy ( the cartoon )

do u let your kids watch? my dd is 13 and is not allowed to watch it i know she has seen it at friends houses and i have talked with her on it..i do not think its a good show for kids. my sd's ages 12 and 11 watch it at bms house and its there fav show. i think its horrible for them to watch they come over like hey it was so funny we watched family guy lastnight and this and this happend ( always something perverted ) and it was so funny. i asked does mom now u watched it? yeah she watched it with us...ugghhhhh..... what are your thoughts? or am i alone on this.

tabbys4

Asked by tabbys4 at 11:17 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Entertainment

• I think some of the stuff on it is really incredibally scary disturbing. My only needed example- the guy who rapes women after he drugs them.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:18 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• ugh sorry about my awful spelling! forgot to spell check!!!
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:19 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Hate the show. My boys are not allowed to watch the show. No, you are not along in this.
    mlanderson

Answer by mlanderson at 11:20 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• PS I once heard a mom of tweens/teens mention that her dd's friend would come over scantily dressed. The mom took her aside and explained that she cared too much about this girl to allow this in her home and let her have fun in her own (the mom's)closet, and find something to wear. I share this because I really think you should say something to this kid.

Not just WE don't watch it but like you don't need this gunk in your heart because I care about YOU too.

txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:22 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• i cant watch the creepy pediphile guy..he freaks me out.. the kids of corse think hes funny..again auugghhh....happy to know im not alone.
    tabbys4

Comment by tabbys4 (original poster) at 11:22 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• My kids watch it almost daily. They are 4 & 5. We all love it. We even have a few seasons on DVD. I don't censor TV.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:23 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• i would not put on family guy for a 4 year old but if an 11 or 12 year old watches it i would not be bothered by that. kids that age know more than they let on and them looking at family guy is not going to make them a bad kid if i am a good parent. the big bad world out side of the home is reality and kids need to know what is out there too. it shows them the other side of the coin is not all unicorns and rainbows. kids that age are old enough to see that there are different aspects of things ..good,bad, ugly, raunchy, mischief, etc,etc.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 11:25 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• dont get me wrong i have told the kids its not good for them to watch and i dont think they should but when bm makes it eating dinner in front of the tv and watch family guy night its disturbing to me. whats next....sex in the house as long as theres protection?!?! ( we wont mention that bm runs a train station when it comes to boyfriends as my dh has said to her..and sadly the kids meet tom dick and harry. after 1 date...it kills me.
    tabbys4

Comment by tabbys4 (original poster) at 11:26 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Although DH and I watched it and loved it, Family Guy has been banned from our house since the moment we brought DD home. Definitely not appropriate for children!
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:26 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I watch it and my kids will come in the room when I'm watching it and I don't shoo them out or change the channel. I guess I'm not as offended by the cartoon as other people.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:27 PM on Apr. 18, 2011