Please suggest a baby carrier to me Hotsling?

My 8 month old is very attachedto me and I can't get anything done around the house. I am thinking about buying a baby carrier. I am a plus sized woman, My daughter is 20 ponds. I want one so that she is on my hip. I am not sure if shewill like to be on my back. any suggestions?

VastVeranda

Asked by VastVeranda at 12:23 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try www.slinglings.com.
    The lady who makes them (yep, it's a mom run business) is very helpful and friendly. She will help you find the right size.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:31 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I made a ring sling for my son and not only was it cheap, I could make it longer or shorter for the perfect fit (I'm plus sized too). As he got older it is the easiest to get him in and out of for trips to the store, and I can just as easily use it to carry my newborn neice, in a different position of course. If you have a sewing machine there are plenty of easy patterns online, as well as a company that makes solid rings specifically for baby slings in a variety of colors. There are also a ton of SAHMs who make slings to your specifications, but that will cost you more.
    risonski

Answer by risonski at 12:34 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Def a ring sling. I'm plus size too, and the ring sling fits me comfortably. The Hotlsings, I believe they are not adjustable. The ring slings are.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:36 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• A maya wrap, which is a ring sling. It worked great for us.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 1:35 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I had a Hotsling and it doesn't work! My baby's size shouldn't matter that much, and I'm very petite and got the right size, but he won't fit in it!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:03 PM on Dec. 2, 2008