i fell...

about an hour ago i slipped and fell on my butt. im 34 weeks pregnant.
i know its bad if you fall, but i feel fine. a couple of seconds after i fell down, my belly went really hard and i had sharp pains in my lower groin. which ive had for a while now even before i fell down.
i have no bleeding, nothing. should i still call my doctor? i figured as long as i dont start bleeding, then everything should be okay... i hope im right about that. am i?any advice or stories you have will be great. thanks.

kiliki_malie

Asked by kiliki_malie at 12:26 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I fell twice during my pregnancy. I had no problems and was at about the same stage as you. Call your doc just to let them know what happen and they will tell you what to look for or if you need to come in. This will give you peace of mind.
    Anonymous

• You can always call the office, describe the fall to a nurse, and see what they say.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:29 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• No, you are not right. Just because you are not bleeding doesnt mean everything is alright.

I HOPE though, that everything is alright. I would still call your doctor and ask them to get an ultrasound done ect. to make sure your little one in there is alright. ;)

The way you say it, it sounds like everything is ok. But its better to be safe than sorry.

Good luck!
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 12:29 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• YA CALL YOUR DOCTOR. IT IS GOOD YOU FELL ON YOUR BUTT AND NOT YOUR STOMACH.
    STILL TELL YOUR DR THEY WILL JUST TELL YOU WHAT TO WATCH FOR AND IT IS GOOD TO HAVE IT DOCUMENTED THAT YOU FELL.
    THE SHOCK MAY HAVE JUST GIVEN YOU BRAXTON HICKS.....
    JUST WATCH IT BUT I BET YOU'LL BE FINE.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 12:30 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I'd be very aware of what your body "tells" you in the next day or 2. I fell at 6 months on my butt with my son and seemed fine that night, I woke up the next morning and could hardly move. Called doc and when I went to see him my pelvis had started to seperate early. That was a painful last 3 months. If anything seems abnormal call doc, but if you feel just wait until next appt to tell him. Make sure your doing your fetal movement checks too over the next couple days.
    Anonymous

• i would just call and tell your doc its better to be safe good luck
    mommy033

Answer by mommy033 at 12:31 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• MY AUNT IS A NURSE YOU WILL BE FINE. THE BABY IS IN YOUR UTERUS AND IS WRAPED UP AROUND SO MUCH BODY FAT AND TISSUES THAT YOUR OKAY TO BE SAFE GO AHEAD AND CALL YOUR DOCTOR BUT YOUR GOING TO BE FINE.
    lovingleilani

Answer by lovingleilani at 12:36 PM on Dec. 2, 2008