Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

Divorce papers

Hey ladies,
where do I go to get copies of divorce papers? I'm going to file and make sure they are mailed to my Husband's girlfriends house....grr

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Relationships

Answers (7)
  • You can get them at the courthouse.

    Answer by Baby8901 at 11:30 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

  • The register of deeds handles marriages, but I'm not sure about divorces.

    Answer by amessageofhope at 11:55 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

  • Clerk of court

    Answer by angelrach86 at 12:02 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

  • I am confused. You are still married and want to file? If you have not filed yet then there are no copies to be had. Once your attorney files he sends them certified to your husband to the address you give for him. You don't have to do anything. The attorney does it all.

    Answer by admckenzie at 12:13 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

  • Here it's the County Clerk's office.

    Answer by ohwrite at 12:25 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

  • I live in AL and was told my people in the circuit court that I had to have a lawyer file papers for me. If you check out your state or counties circuit court webpage though you should be able to find out how to get some.

    Answer by soccerchik8287 at 12:33 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

  • If you have an attorney, he/she should have sent them for you. If you do not have an attorney, you should be able to go to the Clerk of the Circuit Courts to get whatever print outs you need to send him. Once you get there the guards at the front will be able to direct you to the right area.

    Answer by IrishMomma727 at 10:07 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.