what were the best bottles that you have used?

im not breastfeeding my future son in january, so i need to buy bottles for him. any ideas on which kind i should get? what has worked best for you all and why?

thanks in advance.

kiliki_malie

Asked by kiliki_malie at 12:28 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The cheepest one you can find........I found them to all be the same. I ended up buying 8 of the parents choice 4 packs at wal-mart. I have 32 bottles. I put them in the dishwaher after he uses them and reach for another clean when I need it. The liners are a pain in the butt, and I was was always looking for and cleaning a nipple wile my baby was yelling for his next snack. Trust me Quantity over quality
    KittyCalais

Answer by KittyCalais at 12:41 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I use breastflow I am BF, but before I discovered them I liked the playtex drop-ins. For convienence
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 12:31 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I ALWAYS USE ADVENT BOTTLES .WHY? BECAUSE THEY STOP COLIC AND THEY ALSO STOP THE SUCKING OF AIR. PLASTIC BOTTLES OTHER THAN ADVENT GIVES THEM THE CHANCE TO SUCK AIR AND HAVE A STOMACH ACHE OR REALLY BAD GAS.
    lovingleilani

Answer by lovingleilani at 12:31 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• The Wide Vent-air bottles. they were great when i had to supplement, so going from breast to bottle and back wasn't so confusing for either of my kids. i'm still using them, but not supplementing anymore.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:31 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• those playtex drop in bottles, they worked great for me. You can get them in different nipple shapes too. I always used the round ones because my son would not take the square shaped ones i guess you would call them. But you can buy like a starter pack in them with different bottle sizes and nipples to see if your baby likes them first before you go out and buy a bunch.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 12:33 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I really like the Playtex Dropins. I tried the Vent-aire, Advent, Dr. Brown, and Soothie. But, as you know, every baby is different. Only the Dropins helped my baby's colic. Some of the others made it worse.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:35 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I tried every bottle under the sun (doctor browns, advent, soothie, plaxytex) she couldn't latch on right to any of them so they leaked around her mouth the only ones that didn't leak was the parents choice bottles from walmart I must have spent 200 dollars on bottles and she wanted the cheap ones
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 12:35 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• in all honesty, it depends on your baby. Vent-air kept gas from my babies, but before i discovered them, i wanted avent. i discovered vent-air before my son was born, so i used those first, and when i had to go to size 2 nipples, i didn't have any so i used avent until i got them, since i had size 2 for avent (MIL bought them before i decided vent-air.) turns out, avent gave my son gas instead of keeping it from him. The playtex drop ins are nice, but i for one don't like them. i used to work with infants, and these were mainly parent's choice, but i didn't like them because the dang bags kept falling out when you filled them...or warmed them up. just watch your baby, he'll tell you which ones he prefers.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:36 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I really liked the Dr. Brown's bottles for my son. There are a lot of parts, but it was worth it since it virtually eliminated gas for us...

One bottle buying tip I would suggest is skipping the four ounce size and going straight to 8 ounce ones. My son outgrew his 4 ounce bottles when he was 3 months old, whereas we used 8 ounce bottles until he was weaned at one. That way you don't have to spend a ton of money twice.
    risonski

Answer by risonski at 12:42 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• we use the bornfree bottles with our daughter. They are expensive...20 bucks for 2 bottles, but they are so worth it.
    crzybtful4_u

Answer by crzybtful4_u at 12:42 PM on Dec. 2, 2008