Should I worry about dry patches?

My son is 3 months old and has been getting dry patches on his legs recently.. He had RSV a few weeks ago but is back to normal now. I was worried he was dehydrated but he still nurses like crazy and has plenty of wet/dirty diapers.. Is it something to worry about?

Jerrrrica

Asked by Jerrrrica at 12:15 AM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No but a little lotion should clear it up.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 12:43 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• My daughter had/has super dry skin from the beginning. I would use a cream like Aquaphor that is thicker and try not to bathe him too often. It could also be eczema and the cream should help with that.
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 1:21 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• My son had those dry patches too. That usually happens because his skin is still getting use to not being in a liquid environment. A little lotion every day should help clear that up. A little extra lotion after every bath helps too. It locks in some of the moisture from the water
    IrishMomma727

Answer by IrishMomma727 at 10:46 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• sounds like acute exzema. Use Aveeno baby exema lotion. That's what I use with my DS
    amberpatterson

Answer by amberpatterson at 2:17 PM on Apr. 20, 2011