How long after a miscarriage should i waite?

Hey ladies, Its me again. Im wondering something.. since I dont have insurance the docs only followed my hcg numbers till they today.. they were at 10. I never got to see a doc for too long.. All these questions I dont get to ask.. I was 3 weeks when i lost my child. its been almost 2 weeks now and im so confused.. when can i have sex when can i try agian... Im suprisingly emotionally verry well with what happened. My mother lost twins at 5 months b4 she had my sister and me and my brother. they are my older brothers. Well i had a dream that they were holding a baby and my puppy i grew up with was there.. they told me the baby was fine. and since then ive felt at ease with it all. My son is almost 2 and i dont want my children too far apart. when will be ok..

Meghan6391

Asked by Meghan6391 at 12:25 AM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Sex is okay as soon as you're not bleeding any more and you are emotionally and physically comfortable with it. Three weeks is an early miscarriage and although it can still be pretty devastating, it is not as medically significant as if it had happened later on. You should be fine to try to concieve any time.

I lost a baby at 8 weeks and I grieved until I became pregnant again (and had a little boy who is now 7). Good luck. *hugs*
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 12:28 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Thank you. it was real early but i somehow had the gut feeling i was pregnant just like with my son.. i some how knew and when the blood came and the clots got huge and the pain was intense. i knew then
    Meghan6391

Comment by Meghan6391 (original poster) at 12:30 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Lets see I had my daughter, then about 6 months later had a miscarriage at 11 weeks, I was told to wait 3 months for my body to heal, I did and then got pregnant after 3 months so it took about 6 months again, miscarried again at 7 weeks, waited almost a year, I was so heartbroken and I was sure it was going to happen again, It had my "miracle baby" last aug. 2010, and after about 4 months of him being born we conceived again...which I didn't think was going to happen because it always took me s long to get pregnant in the first place, now he was a handful, we almost lost him at 20 weeks and I had to have surgery, so I guess what I'm getting at is it all depends on you and if your ready. EVERY pregnancy is different in its own way. Best of Luck.
    kirsten2004

Answer by kirsten2004 at 12:35 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• After I miscarried, I didn't really try to get pregnant but wasn't trying not to get pregnant. I ended up getting pregnant 3 months after my miscarriage and had no issues.
    cheribabii613

Answer by cheribabii613 at 12:50 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Wow...what a beautiful dream! That must have been very comforting.... :) I'm sorry for your loss, I know it's hard. I had a miscarriage at 13 weeks with my first child. I wanted to try again right away, but we waited 3 cycles to start trying, then it took us 6 months to conceive. We never knew what caused the miscarriage, but I have 2 healthy children now...so it is possible. ((hugs)) Best wishes..
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 1:21 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• we dont know what caused ours either.. they said it could have been stress from work.. or over doing it at work.. they couldnt ever tell me. and thank you i wish i could relive that dream every night
    Meghan6391

Comment by Meghan6391 (original poster) at 6:29 PM on Apr. 19, 2011