They are trying to pass a new law in Oregon...

that will allow ILLEGAL immigrants to get a drivers license. What are your thoughts?? I personally think that this is outrageous, and am against it.

Tarrar

Asked by Tarrar at 1:15 AM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• It is Oregon...it is stuff like this that makes me very happy we are moving away.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 1:17 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I guess I don't get it? How can you get a driver's license if you aren't a legal citizen? I agree with the above, so Oregon (and I grew up there)...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I live in Eugene, Oregon. And agree... what a silly law...
    Tarrar

Comment by Tarrar (original poster) at 1:20 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I think its stupid. They come here, take our jobs, refuse to speak English, make it mandatory to learn Spanish, now as young as 1at grade! Ridiculous. We are making it seem like a luxury to be illegal. I'm almost ashamed to live here! Smh
    kellymariiie

Answer by kellymariiie at 1:21 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I'd rather they pass a test than drive unlicensed
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 1:29 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I don't mind illegal immigrants working and making a living for their families. I don't think they're stealing jobs when those are jobs that even the "homeless" beggars on the street wouldn't take. Our friend actually pulled up to a homeless guy with a "will work for food" sign, offered him $10 an hour plus lunch to work in his yard, but the guy refused because he made more money standing in the corner! Now, my friend didn't ask what his citizenship status was, but I'm guessing that he's a citizen by virtue of having been born here.

My definition of a citizen is someone who makes their community a better place regardless of where they were born.

Now... someone who comes to this country and leaves a mess... well, I have a problem with anybody who makes of this country, citizen or not.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 1:34 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I'm from Oregon and this is the first I've heard of this. Where can I read about this.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:58 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Ok and make them learn English too that way they have no excuse, they can't say they couldn't read the street sign, when they cause a wreck.
    sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 2:30 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Express citizenship? lol
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 2:35 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• That's ridiculous!
    Cassie_moore_24

Answer by Cassie_moore_24 at 2:36 AM on Apr. 19, 2011