Second DOD investigation that has exonerated McChrystal. Casts doubt on Rolling Stone Article/Journalist. Thoughts?

A report by the Department of Defense Inspector General casts doubt on the accuracy of the article in Rolling Stone magazine which cost Gen. Stanley McChrystal his job as the top commander in Afghanistan.

“Not all the events at issue occurred as reported in the article,” the report says. “In some instances, we found no witness who acknowledged making or hearing the comments as reported.”

Specifically, the investigation could not confirm quotes attributed to “sources familiar” with a meeting between the president and the Pentagon brass at which McChrystal thought the then newly elected president looked “uncomfortable and intimidated,” and it could not confirm quotes attributed to “an adviser” stating that McChrystal was “pretty disappointed” with the president after a one-on-one meeting with the commander-in-chief.

~~~~

All this around the same McChrystal was offered a NEW position within the White House....  

~~~~ 

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 1:37 AM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• You seem to be surprised that liberals would lie to further their agenda.
    goodwitch399

Answer by goodwitch399 at 3:50 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• why would anyone rely on an article from Rolling Stone Magazine to relieve a military official of their duty? I'm sure Obama looks intimidated anytime a real man enters the room he's in.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:23 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• WHAT? What is this world coming to when you can't trust the word of a 'journalist' that writes for a rock and roll magazine over the word of a four star General? I mean, seriously?

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:28 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Hehehehe JJB! I would love to see Obama and my husband in a face off!

You know this sort of makes me think of the whole "the police acted very stupidly" affair and the resulting "beer summit." I think it is just too bad McChrystal can't sue because of it. Maybe he will write a "tell all" after he retires.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:57 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

I concur!!!!

grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 11:36 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I hate the use of unnamed sources.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:19 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

---
    Oh I know it.
    Mall Cop's uniform would intimidate The Jackass
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 2:10 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I always felt it was a hatchet job. I never understood why McCrystal gave an interview to Rolling Stone.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:55 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I'm sure he will write a tell all book! I don't doubt it. I thought the whole thing was BS.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 9:10 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Well, what a surprise... Oh and I concur, also... :o)
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 12:25 AM on Apr. 20, 2011