Circumsion adult content

Do any of you have a boy that you didnt circumsize for any reason? I did not only because I forgot due to sleep deprivation ugh. So now I have to deal with the cleanliness of it all. My son got some type of infection and I think its due to this. What do you moms think and do about your sons...you know...?

ohgoshism

Asked by ohgoshism at 1:56 AM on Apr. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• The risk of infection is decreased very slightly with circumcision in the first year (and after that is the same in both circumcised and intact males). There shouldn't be ANY cleanliness issues. With an intact penis you DO NOT retract the foreskin. it is adhered to the head of the penis at birth like your fingernail is stuck to the nailbed. Pulling it back is extremely painful and causes infections. If intact, don't retract, only clean what's seen. You wipe it off like a finger and leave it alone other than that.

Here is a really good website full of links about being intact, the benefits and care of the intact penis.

http://www.drmomma.org/2010/03/circumcision-information-sites-your.html
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 2:02 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• My son is intact. He has never had any kind of infection. What exactly are you doing to clean it? You should never ever pull the skin back to clean. That can cause damage and could be causing the issues you are dealing with. Just wipe it like a finger.

http://www.cirp.org/pages/parents/peron1/

Cassieniccole

Answer by Cassieniccole at 2:21 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I have 3 boys, none of them are circ'd and we've never had any problems at all. We never retracted the skin and always cleaned only the outside. My oldest became retractable at 3½ and the other two haven't yet. Good luck mama!
    heydooney

Answer by heydooney at 2:23 AM on Apr. 19, 2011