Is 3 hours too long at the bar?

My husband went to work on a project with some co-workers. He called after they were done and asked if i was okay with it if he went to the bar for a little while. I said that was fine (I have zero problem with it). But he was saying he didn't want to stay long tonight working on the project because he works early tomorrow and wanted to spend time with us.

Now it's been a little over 3 hours and I haven't heard from him. Honestly, I don't care if he's out having a good time with some friends from work, but he has never done this before (gone to the bar with friends), and I don't know how long is too long.

Is 3 hours a long time? Should I call his co-worker's phone and make sure he's alright? I don't want to smother him or make him looked whipped in front of his friends lol. But I'm really concerned.

Thoughts?

Ati_13

Asked by Ati_13 at 1:58 AM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• Maybe he is enjoying himself and just lost track of time. I would be a little up set but talk to hm about it tomorrow. Wait until he hasn't been drinking and just exsplain. Tell him you were worried because he said he wasn't going to stay late. Then he didn't call to let you know he was going to be later. Also, that he had said he wanted to spend time with you guys and you felt a little let down that he didn't come home.

I wouldn't be to hard on him unless it becomes a habbit.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 9:10 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Ummm, dunno where you are, but it's 2am here.
    Bars close at 2 here.

3 hours isn't long unless it's like 9-12
    If he was there like 6-9, I wouldn't worry about it so much.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 2:01 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• If your really concerned then go ahead and call the coworker and say something like "hey I just wanted to see if my hubby is going to need a ride home or if I can go to bed?". Bars are loud and maybe he is just isn't hearing his phone. Good luck to ya!
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 2:02 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• call the bar...no offense, it's Monday night, there's not going to be a lot of people there.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 2:15 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Text him
    ?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:21 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• i wouldnt be worried. id be pissed off. plain and simple. its not called being whipped when you have KIDS.
    shortycmlb

Answer by shortycmlb at 5:35 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• no, not if you are drinking and having a good time. maybe they are watching a game..(don't know if there is one) or just chatting..but you can get caught up. i don't think its long at all.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:07 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• It's 11 here. He also has to drive home since I have the kids asleep here. Which is why I'm worried.
    Ati_13

Comment by Ati_13 (original poster) at 2:03 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I don't know which bar the went to. They met at the hotel the co-workers are staying in and went out, probably to Whiskey Row, which has about 30 bars on it lol. I'd call if I knew where they were at, I only have the co-worker's cell number.
    Ati_13

Comment by Ati_13 (original poster) at 2:18 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• We don't have cells :(
    Ati_13

Comment by Ati_13 (original poster) at 2:22 AM on Apr. 19, 2011