So, as I'v posted numerous times, historically, the wealthy are paying the least and at the same time producing less jobs. So, why should their cuts continue again?

The superrich get an additional boost from relatively low tax rates on capital gains. Income from long-term investments, which makes up a larger portion of wealthier taxpayers' incomes than middle- and low-income taxpayers', is taxed at lower rates than wages.

adnilm

Asked by adnilm at 2:23 AM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Well sure the wealthy pay the least if you only look at the gross amounts. There are far fewer wealthy people than middle class or poor, so even though they pay more percent-wise, they are paying less alltogether than their lower-earning counterparts.

Honestly, the graphs confuse the hell out of me lol. I'm not a linear learner. But I will say that I think it's ridiculous that 25% of our income, as barely-higher-than-poverty-level earners, goes straight out into taxes.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 2:26 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• 45 percent of U.S. households paid no federal income tax for 2010 (source: Tax Policy Center)....

So, let's take away the current BS of credits, deductions and exemptions FOR ALL and as a nation, enter into a serious discussion of Fair Tax/Flat Tax .....
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:42 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Oh this should be fun, lets analyze this in pieces.
    The wealthy are paying the least.
    The wealthy are paying, on average, $55,000, MINIMUM in taxes. Most are paying that plus an additional 45% of anything they made over 180k, and since you're talking about the "wealthiest", they're paying a hell of a lot more to be called "the wealthiest." So, take your average liberal Hollywood star, making $8 million a year, that's about $3.5 million. Are you suggesting you paid more?

The wealthy producing less jobs.
    Unemployment has been hovering in the 10% range for 2 years. That means 1 in 10 people who are acknowledged as the work force don't have a job. How many of them have you personally hired in the past year? How many do you personally employ? Is that number higher or lower than the number you personally employed 2 years ago, 5 years ago, or 10 years ago? Are your employees full or part time? Are they legal? Do you have any?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:09 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• How do you figure that they pay the least?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 3:49 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I figure they pay the least because they do. Read the charts, they show the historical drop in how much wealthy pay.
    adnilm

Comment by adnilm (original poster) at 8:09 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• The wealthy producing less jobs.
    >>>>>>>
    Your questions have absolutely nothing to do with my question and everything to do with the status quo. This isn't about who I'm hiring. The bigger question is...how many of them have the wealthy hired with those tax cuts that promised a raise in jobs?
    adnilm

Comment by adnilm (original poster) at 8:13 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• So, take your average liberal Hollywood star, making $8 million a year, that's about $3.5 million. Are you suggesting you paid more?
    >>>>>
    Absolutely, but with deductions, and deferred annuities and business set ups, it ends up being much less.
    adnilm

Comment by adnilm (original poster) at 8:14 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• This post is yet another example of there being not enough rich people to satisfy the Government Sucklings.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:17 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• 47 percent of the bottom earners pay no taxes or get all they do pay in and more back. The top 10 percent (those earning more than 100k) pay 74 percent of all taxes collected. The top 1 percent pay over 30 percent of all taxes collected they pay more. I know the Dems want everyone to hate the wealthy right now and blame them for the state of the country but that isn't the case. The only blame should be placed on Congress and the President for mishandling the adequate amount of funds they have squandered. They collect enough the issue is their spending. If you want to send more adnilm go for it. To me spending a nickel more than I do now would be like burning that money. Until the Gov shrinks to a quarter of the size it is today there is not point in me giving up any of our hard earned and inherited money to the Gov.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• no
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Apr. 19, 2011