Does the birth canal get bigger?

Im sorry I have no idea how to word this question but when i had my son he as 4lbs 13oz and had to be suctioned out of me because the birth canal was so small. If I was to have another child would it be the same problem or would it be a bit bigger because of my son?

samie-apple

Asked by samie-apple at 3:45 AM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It stretches. There could be many reasons why your son did not "fit". What position were you pushing in? Did you have an epidural? Were you induced? All these things can play a part. It probably had very little to do with your size.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 7:51 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Yeah I had an epidural and I was induced. I was in a sitting position. It was my first baby so I had no idea about labor. Thank you for telling me all that,I was a little worried.
    samie-apple

Comment by samie-apple (original poster) at 11:58 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• my first didnt want to come out eathier i would push she come out a little and when i stopped pushing she sucked back in lol and she was 5lb 6oz and my 2nd didnt do that she was 6lb 6oz
    vgaines

Answer by vgaines at 2:23 PM on Apr. 19, 2011