No intercourse during pregnancy adult content

I just wanted to know if i will have problems with giving birth while not having sex during pregnancy(broke up with my bf when i was bout 15 weeks pregnant) so i dont have any sexual intercourse and im 24 weeks pregnant now. I hear alot of women say that when your not sexual active during pregnancy you wont be able to give birth naturaly,is this true?

dienkies22

Asked by dienkies22 at 6:34 AM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• That just sounds dumb... I don't know for sure though but I'm going to guess that it's a stupid myth.
    NoRest4theWickd

Answer by NoRest4theWickd at 6:44 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Nope, who ever thinks that is an idiot. Maybe a little harsh but I can't help it.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 7:33 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I'd say that it's untrue. I can see that your muscles wouldn't stay as conditioned so make sure to do your kegel exercises, and talk to your Dr. about how and when to start perineal massages.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 7:42 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Never heard such a thing, don't worry about it! You will be fine!
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 8:49 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Totally UN -true. I was not allowed to have sex from the time I got a positive test result to my six week follow up from delivery. (I am high risk) Had three vaginal births and one emergency c-section. I don't know who is saying that, but they are so wrong.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:56 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Its not true at all. Yes, your cervix will be a little softer if you have been having sex so without having sex it might be a bit harder but you will still be able to go naturally
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 10:23 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• thank you guys,seeing that all the answers are the same then i will be able to give birth naturaly.. Thank you all for your answers,atleast i know now that its not true
    dienkies22

Comment by dienkies22 (original poster) at 10:28 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• that is a first lol, you will be fine
    vgaines

Answer by vgaines at 2:17 PM on Apr. 19, 2011