How do I get out of the depression?

Ok a little backround. I met my long loss brother for the first time last week. He lives in Texas and I reside in Florida. I cried when I had to leave on this past Sunday. It has been very difficult for me. We were separated,knew about each other, but did not meet until recently. We had been separated for 24 years. So Sunday has been super emotional and yesterday was as well. I need to know what I can do to help this feeling subside. :( Df is not being too understanding. He thinks I did not miss him although I told him repeatedly when I got home, and while on the trip. I just wanted a little space to collect my emotions and stuff like that and he won't :(

MadysonsMama

Asked by MadysonsMama at 6:48 AM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• TAKE LONG WALKS NEAR THE LAKE, IT WILL HELP CALM YOU, AT LEAST IT HELPS ME. AND IF YOU NEED NOT ANSWER YOUR PHONE DONT UNTIL YOU ARE READY. YOUR IN MY THOUGHTS
    mrs.chisolm

Answer by mrs.chisolm at 7:00 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• So sorry about your brother. That has got to be really hard. If you feel like crying, go ahead, let it out. You will feel better in time. That is the only thing that you can do. Maybe both of you could get Skype on your computer and you could actually "see" each other when you are talking. I would suggest an antidepressant, but that can take awhile. Try to do something that will keep your mind off of missing him.
    3mom627

Answer by 3mom627 at 7:02 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Try to concentrate on the fact that you've found him and seen him and now you have the rest of your lives to be a family. TRY to think only about the future not the past. Congrats and good luck to both of you.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:19 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I don't know what it's like being in your exact situation but when I was in highschool my mom moved about 6 hours away from me so everytime I would visit it was so hard to leave her. It was only a year so it wasn't so bad but I know how you feel. All I can say is maybe you should get Skype or OOVOO (it's better than skype and free). Good luck and just remember you will get to see him again. Maybe you can invite him to stay at your place for a week in the summer.
    Mom1127-0125

Answer by Mom1127-0125 at 9:19 AM on Apr. 19, 2011