HOW WOULD YOU DEAL WITH WORKING AROUND DISRESPECTFUL YOUNG ADULTS

I WORK FOR HEALTH FACILITY AND THE YOUNGER GENERATION IS SO DISRESPECTFUL TO THE PATIENTS. AND OH SO LAZY

mrs.chisolm

Asked by mrs.chisolm at 7:13 AM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• if you know they are being disrespectful to patients and the patients are unable to defend themselves then you should report them
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:59 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• First off, please kill the caps lock key.. around here that is disrespectful.

To answer your question, I kill them with kindness. Be so sweet to them that your teeth hurt, they will either get sick of you and leave or they will take the hint and drop the attitude. Have you tried talking to them and actually pointing out how they are acting, they may not even notice it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:50 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I work with troubled youth as well.. Treat them with respect and ask for it in return.. It won't happen overnight though so don't expect it to.. Ask them how they want to be treated and turn it around and make them realize that we all want to be treated that way...
    NoRest4theWickd

Answer by NoRest4theWickd at 7:15 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• If you go in with the assumption they will be rude then they will be. They can even start being nice and you will look and read into it more. Not everyone in the younger generation is rude, some are, some arent, same as with any generation. Try treating them with respect and talking to them.

Answer by gemgem at 8:17 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Kill 'em with kindness? I suppose I could be considered "of the younger generation" I'm 28 and we're not all that way. I don't think they would be rude if their superiors didn't allow them to be, if they were held accountable for their rudness, crap work ethic etc,. they would not be able to do it.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 8:29 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• well some might consider me the "younger generation"..lol but i work with a few 18 year olds who get under my skin that i find extremely rude! i shoot it right back at them. i usually mock them by being sarcastic. i think they get the hint. For example: a huge party comes in and the 18 year old says "omg i'm so not getting them." when it is her turn. i say, "well OMG..me either..i guess you have to since its your turn and all." just don't let them run you down.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:35 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I worked at a non-profit around some pretty rude kids. Just tell them that you give them respect and you deserve it. If they continue to be disrespectful, then take away TV or something...
    GothicChk52

Answer by GothicChk52 at 8:35 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• if you demand respect from them you wont get it..they are just gonna laugh at you
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:39 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• these are staff that are disrespectful, to patients we care for. maybe i worded it differently. sorry
    mrs.chisolm

Comment by mrs.chisolm (original poster) at 8:56 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I USE CAPS BECAUSE I CAN SEE THE LETTERS BETTER., IM UP IN AGE...LOL MATURITY
    mrs.chisolm

Comment by mrs.chisolm (original poster) at 8:57 AM on Apr. 19, 2011