When did brown become the new black?

It seems that a lot of the hatred towards illegal immigrants are directed towards Hispanics and particularly Mexicans. I live in an area were we do have Mexican immigrants but we also have English, Irish, Scottish, Serbians, Russians, Croatians, Jamaicans to name a few. It just seems that all the hatered is directed towards Hispanics and its not right. (for those of you that need to know, I am African American)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Damn - I thought this was a fashion question. Sigh.
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 12:47 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• And BTW, you are correct. It's not right, and people need to be more accepting of everyone. Period. America is a melting pot, isnt it? We all came from somewhere.
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 12:49 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Just seeing this post and not reading I thought...shouldn't that question be in Beauty & Style?...LOL
    To Answer your question. Depending on what area you're at in my town it's the same way. I don't understand it either. My philosophy is we live in America....The Great American Melting Pot. Why can't we all just get along?
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 12:50 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

me too!
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 12:53 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• For me it's not about brown, but it's about illegal brown or those who expect us to change our language to accomidate them. The fact that Lolita Ruiz, pulling a name out of my ass, can get a job that pays better than me because she speaks spanish and broken english but because I speak English only I get overlooked. It's the fact that many of them have a nice home and nice car and live on welfare and I can barely provide for my family, but the reason they have so much money is because they have 25 relatives living in the same home giving them money to let them live there till they get legal. It's the fact that Abudabi Hassan can own a store and basically rape me for gas and other necessities while he goes hom to his 10 bedroom mansion and his kids go to college for free because they are a minority.
    Anonymous

• It's the fact that Jesus can work his 9-5 under the table while Hortencia stays home and illegally watches 20 kids in the home for $100 a pop that isn't reported to the government so they pay no taxes but my tax money still pays for their food and rent and their kids silver teeth but I still can't get a car that has AC and runs every day of the year and I can't afford health insurance but I make to much to get help for my kids. I don't hate hispanic, mexican, spanish people I dispise ILLEGALS and anyone else of any culture who mooch off my tax dollars and don't give anything in return! America the free, sure, only if you aren't from here!
    Anonymous

• The only time I get aggravated with someone from a different country is when they get mad at me cause I can't understand them.I try shoot! But sometimes it's difficult. But there was only one guy that truly pissed me off and he was Hispanic, He started to talk to me in Spanish, I told him I don't speak Spanish, and he told me why not it's going to be the new national language soon.
    Amber1109

Answer by Amber1109 at 12:59 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• HATERS.. WORK HARD LIKE THEY DO. BABYSIT 20 KIDS. LIVE UNCONFORTABLE WITH 20 FAMILY MEMBERS LIKE YOU CLAIM THEY DO. THEN YOU TOO CAN HAVE A "NICE HOME" FILL WITH 20 FAMILY MEMBERS AND 20 KIDS.
    Anonymous

• i agree with anon 10:57. You hit it right on the nose!
    Anonymous

• Well put anon 11:57 ..I answered the question on a "getting along" level and not on the tax dollar level. I agree with your statement.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 1:03 PM on Dec. 2, 2008