Weird...

I've noticed a lot of girls going into premature labor at 22-27 wks these days...is it just because there's so many girl's on this site? or is it that common all of a sudden?! I'm 26 weeks and 2 days now, and all this talk makes me nervous. I know a baby can survive if born now, but I'm uhm kinda not at all excited about these stories.

Scary thing is, half these girls don't even know why they go into preterm labor...

And the constant, "You'll know if you're in preterm labor", but some of these girl's just went to ER for a simple ache or pain and come to find out their cervix are 5cm dilated or something. :-|

Cowbell88

Asked by Cowbell88 at 12:45 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• M. Robertson said it better than anyone could've said it doll! Don't worry, you're doing great! Hang in there it's so almost done. And for those women who have "claimed" a preterm labor, may you NEVER EVER in a million years have to go through what true mothers of premies have to go through.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 3:06 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• don't stress i don't think its really all that common =) ask your doctor how common it actually is
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 12:47 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• i am 33 weeks and still going strong.... just hang in there and do what you need to.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 12:48 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• It's not that common. It's just that people are more likely to talk about problems and bad experiences. People generally don't get online and post about everything going smoothly as planned, you know? So it seems a lot more common than it is.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 12:50 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I read all those horror stories too when i was pregnant. And you need to know that every pregnancy is different.

Its not healthy when you sit there and worry all the time. I dont know why those women go into preterm labor. I didnt and i dont know anybody who did.

Not sure if you noticed, but some women on here obviously never ask their doctors about anything and sometimes women make everything worse than it actually is. So they have some cramps and say "oh shit preterm labor". There are probably women who really have this problem, and im really sorry about that. But you dont need to read all this stuff. go check for some baby cloth or nursery stuff. Dont worry about horror stories.

m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 12:50 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• When I was 29 weeks along I thought I couldn't keep any food down so my OB sent me to the birthing center to get me hydrated. They hooked me up to a monitor and it turns out I was having contractions. They gave me 3 shots and my contractions stopped. They think being dehydrated caused it. I was able to carry my son full term. I was induced at 39 wks and 2 days because of bp and extreme swelling, but he was born healthy. You just have to listen to your body and not be afraid to call the doctor if you're concerned about something.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 12:53 PM on Dec. 2, 2008