Lazy or Really Clueless..... (mostly a vent)

So last night was DH's turn to get up with the twins (one doesn't sleep well). I woke up at 1:00am (baby crying) and layed there until about 1:30am (still crying). DH fussed and griped at baby the entire time. So I got up and went in and asked if I could help. He said no go back to bed. I did, but couldn't go back to sleep....I listened to the baby cry, him fuss and complain for another hour before going in and insisting that he hand the baby over. Immediately, I realized that he needed a diaper change. I changed him and he was sleeping comfortably within 5 min. DH acted like he had no clue that the baby had been laying there for hours with a poopy diaper (DH was holding him all that time by the way). Ugh.... I'm so tired this morning, and all because he wouldn't change a diaper. Is that laziness or do you think he really was clueless?

Kimedbs

Asked by Kimedbs at 7:54 AM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• I think it should be dad's turn again tonight for being clueless last night!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:22 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Lazy!! That is the first thing you check with a baby is their diaper.

'Do they need a new diaper?' and 'are they hungry?' were the #1 middle of the night wake up issues for when my kids were infants.

Sounds like he didn't want diaper duty
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 7:57 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• but to lay there with a diaper that I smelled as soon as I picked him up.......ugh! Only a man....
    Kimedbs

Comment by Kimedbs (original poster) at 8:03 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• What a butt lol You poor momma! I agree it should be his turn again.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 8:25 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Clueless
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:06 AM on Apr. 19, 2011