Please guide me....

Hi,
Its my third week of pregnancy. Next week, I have to go to the doctor for my check up. I m just confused about chosing a practitioner. My last practitioner never used to give thorough answers of my questions and after an excellent, active pregnancy period she did my C section. My concern is that should i go to the same this time or i should change to some other. Since i had a c-section so if i change the doctor will it make some difference? Anotehr question is i had a C-section in April 2008 so after a gap of three/four years what are chances of having normal delivery and what do i need to do for that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:05 AM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I would change and find someone who will give you full answers that you are %100 happy with. You can try for a normal birth but have your doctor second that opinion, there are may factors that I can't guess at.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 8:08 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Whether you can do a V-Bac depends on hospital policy, unfortunately it is an insurance thing with the hospital. As far as you DR goes if you do not feel that they listened to you and now you are not comfortable with then I would choose another Dr this is your health and you should be able to trust that you Dr is doing what is best for you and your baby.

Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 8:12 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Working for a normal, vaginal delivery is a health and safety priority so you might want to get a normal birth specialist rather than an OB.
    I can offer links to locate a midwife as well as questions to ask a provider. Especially in regards to a VBAC.

You chances for a normal delivery will mainly be based on Who You Hire.
    The person you hire for your maternity care is probably your biggest risk factor.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:47 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• *YOUR* chances for a normal delivery
    (not YOU chances)

lol
    ooops, typo
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:48 AM on Apr. 19, 2011