What should i do?

Hi, I m one month pregnant. During my last pregnancy i had less iron in my body and after delivering a baby of almost ten pounds i had to hospitalised for the nest three days to insert three venofer (iron medicine) drips. This time i dont want to go through the same situation what shoudl i do for this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:09 AM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i would talk to your ob about your concerns he or she will be able to help you
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 8:24 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• There are many things you can do to help with your iron intake and health overall in pregnancy.
    You can consult with your care provider (do you have an OB or a midwife?), read, take classes, work with a doula.

Best wishes!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:44 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Eat iron fortified foods, drink OJ before eating those foods it will help your body absorb the iron. Take iron pills. Look up foods that have lots of iron..Red meat, cooked beans, mussels, shrimp, clams, beef liver, chicken liver...etc.. Good luck
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 2:59 PM on Apr. 19, 2011