What does Easter mean to you?

and your family?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 8:13 AM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Holidays

• We don't view Easter as a religious holiday. To my family it is another reason to be with family. Egg hunts with the kids, great food, and good memories. Any reason for us to get together is a good enough reason.
    IrishMomma727

Answer by IrishMomma727 at 8:29 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• We do the whole Easter Bunny and egg hunt, but I really don't like Easter. We are not Christian so there isn't a religious significance for us, but unlike Christmas there isn't another meaning, like giving. Not my favorite holiday...
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 8:22 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Easter (in its true and original tradition, predating Christianity) signifies the beginning of Spring, and the hope and renewal that comes with the season. Although we don't celebrate the day with any sort of religious undertone, we do enjoy the day (weather permitting) and spend most of it outside, hunting for the eggs the Easter Bunny leaves my girls early in the day.  When the neighbors return from church, we shoo the kids inside while we hide a hundred or more treat-filled eggs for the neighborhood kids to hunt. Like on Christmas, we let the kids eat too many treats, and I always feel a twinge of guilt in allowing it, but otherwise, it's just a fun-filled day.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 8:40 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• for the kids to enjoy n hv fun...
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 9:37 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• time to buy another basket...fill it with crap and color eggs
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:21 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• To me? Nothing. To my family? I haven't a clue. My DH usually just sets up an egg hunt for the kids, nothing more.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:41 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• It means to me and my family, a time to celebrate Jesus Christ's resurrection so that we all can one day live eternally with Him in Heaven!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 7:14 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• We celebrate Jesus Christ resurrection. Enjoying a big Italian feast with family. All the other stuff is just tradition.
    Jerzymom

Answer by Jerzymom at 7:25 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Easter means many things to me...

-Spring, such a beautiful time of year
    -chocolate
    -Time with family
    -candy
    -Another pre-Christian holiday the Church took over, that I don't know much about
    -fabulous meal
    -The end of Holy Week, a yearly reminder of the resurrection I believe in
    -The end of lent and time to celebrate instead of abstaining
    -A week away from my home and church, with my husband's family
    -Tradition of dyeing and hiding/seeking Easter eggs

I love Easter! I love all holidays that don't revolve around presents, but nature, family, and food (I know I shouldn't like the food either, but let's face it, I do :-)
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 7:35 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• As a non-traditional Christian who rejects the concept of the Atonement and the idea of a literal Resurrection, to me it reflects Jesus' willingness to see his message and ministry through even to the most awful of ends, to even suffering and death. It shows his commitment to his message, to his faith, his conviction that his message was one worth sharing, no matter whatever the consequences may have been. And it shows the power and meaningfulness that message had to live on even after his death, that even so/still that message, and the character and the essence of Jesus, can live on, and has lived on, in the hearts and lives of those who follow his example, his message/teachings. When I think of the Crucifixion, that's what I think of, his commitment to his faith and teachings, and my own commitment and belief in what he had to teach/say...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:27 AM on Apr. 19, 2011