I wanted to know if I can I sleep on my back?

This is the only way I can sleep at night ( 33 weeks pregnant)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It's not really good for your organs, but if that's how you can sleep, then do it. It's only for a few more weeks. I could only sleep on my side with pillows under my belly.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:59 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Its best to sleep on your side but if you cant possibly get any sleep that way then sleep on your back, try to prop up your upper torso with a bed wedge pillow thingy would help.
    Crystal42683

Answer by Crystal42683 at 12:59 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• You aren't supposed to. I think it cuts off the baby's circulation (but don't quote me). They tell you to sleep on your left side. I was uncomfortable no matter how I was positioned so it didn't matter. lol
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 1:00 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Yes, you can sleep however you want as long as you can breath and it doesn't cause you contractions. I had such bad back pain that my man would lay on his back and my belly would go right between his legs and my head on his stomach so I could get a lil rest. It was horrible for me those last couple weeks, I was so glad when they let me have her finally.
    Geminus

Answer by Geminus at 1:00 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• sbastille is almost right. but it doesnt cut of the babys circulation, it will cut off your own circulation. some women pass out because of it. because the baby is so heavy that it will put too much pressure on your spin/nerves ect. you should def. not sleep on your back.

Try to sleep on your half back / half side. lay a pillow under your back.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 1:07 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I agree with m.robertson811. Don't sleep on your back. It blocks the circulation in you and cuts of oxygen supply to baby. Experiment as best you can with other positions. Your almost there! Hang in there!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 2:25 PM on Dec. 2, 2008