Is it common to wake up at 4 am vommiting when you 7 weeks pregnant?

I just wanted to know because I have a head cold and hope it doesn't turn into the flu, but that maybe it was just another symptom of morning sickness.

cantwait071909

Asked by cantwait071909 at 12:59 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Oh yeah, welcome to pregnancy!!! I had uncontrollable morning sickness starting about 7 or 8 wks along, and it lasted until about 14 wks.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 1:15 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• very common.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 1:00 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I actually thought I had the flu when I found out I was pregnant (I was on birth control) and that's why I went to the Dr. I was 9 weeks. I had 8 pm sickness for my first trimester.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 1:05 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• It can be the flu/cold going around but is probably your morning sickness. It will happen until 12 weeks roughly but can continue further
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 1:32 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• During my first pregnancy (which sadly ended in a miscarriage) I woke up at 4 a.m. on the dot every morning for two weeks, feeling like I needed to vomit, and couldn't go back to sleep until I puked. So yes, its normal.
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 12:29 AM on Dec. 3, 2008