Due date: how many weeks?

I was told by my doctor's office that my estimated due date is either August 12th or 13th. I assume they are basing this on the dates of my last period. Is this correct? When I enter August 12th as the due date for various pregnancy websites, I get updates each week such as "Week 24" for this week explaining changes of the body and how the baby is developing. But, what I don't understand as a first-time parent is this: am I already 24 weeks or would the 24th week be marked as being on Saturday which is how I originally calculated it? I think I am 23 weeks and 3 days right now. So when do you read the weekly update about changes? It's confusing. Please help! Thanks!

stephkaye

Asked by stephkaye at 8:44 AM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• The 24th week is when you're 23 weeks until you reach 24 weeks. You're 24 weeks at the end of the 24th week. If that makes sense. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 8:59 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• OK, so it sounds like I am 'officially' 24 weeks on Saturday even though yesterday I got the email update or reminder about 24 weeks and what this means, the changes, etc. Correct??? :-)
    stephkaye

Comment by stephkaye (original poster) at 9:04 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• my due date is almost round the same as yours and im 24 weeks aswell. so i would say its correct
    dienkies22

Answer by dienkies22 at 10:04 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Try not to get too hung up on that estimate~ it is the average mid-point within the due period ( = month).
    ;-)

Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:43 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• some sites are different than others i tend to base mine on what the dr say and what the majority of the sites say
    msdouglas421

Answer by msdouglas421 at 3:17 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• GOOD LUCK
    vgaines

Answer by vgaines at 3:22 PM on Apr. 19, 2011