If you tried a spinning class did you like it, why or why not?

I just recently took one and I think I liked it. My butt hurt so bad after though. Will I get use to that? I liked how hard the class pushes me even though I felt like I was about to die. If I tried that on my own I would not have come close to pushing me as hard as the class did.

AmyLynn5398

Asked by AmyLynn5398 at 9:15 AM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I loved it!! My legs, butt and hips were killing me but dang It felt good!!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:18 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I think being in any group helps you stay motivated...you don't want to be the only one that "wimps out" LOL! Plus, the workout is planned for you. I say stick with it or maybe mix it up with some other type of group exercise class, like step aerobics or something?
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:19 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I hated it because it REALLY hurt my butt. i guess my butt is too bony or something. After spin class, i could not sit down for days.

Those stationary bikes have the WORST seats...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:23 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I love spin classes! You need to buy a chamois (padded bike shirts). Your butt may still hurt, but not nearly as much. You will get used to it if you ride a couple of times a week. I'm a cyclist, so I have a couple of different chamois. Don't scrimp-the cheapo ones don't do anything for you. I agree, those classes push you more than you could do on your own (unless you have a kick ass hill nearby!). I always burn a ton of calories in there. I wear my heartrate monitor to keep track.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:22 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• *padded bike SHORTS (shirts won't do much good! LOL)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:23 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• You really do get used to it. It won't always hurt that bad. Whenever I take a long break from spin, my butt always hurts the 1st time coming back and then soon it doesn't hurt anymore. Just don't do what I did last week and take spin 3 days in a row. By the 3rd class my tail bone was HURTING every time I stood up. I couldn't run for 3 days thanks to an IT band issue and spin is the only thing that comes close to giving me the same workout as running.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 1:29 PM on Apr. 19, 2011