Is it ok feed my kids tv dinners ce in awhile for dinner? What about me being pregnant?

It isn't like all the time. But once in a great great great while if we make something that I know my kids don't like I will buy them a tv dinner. I think it is usually just when we have chili because my kids don't like it, but I haven't made chili in a while. But then I go to the dr on Thursdays once a month I am 24 weeks pregnant. My appointments are at 530 dh doesn't get off work until 5 so we have to leave as soon as he gets here. I like to take a bath and shave before my appointment incase he needs to look down there lol. Plus I have to get my dd ready for ballet so my mom can take her and then I have to do homework with her which is normally 2 pages and a book to read so I don't have time to make dinner before I go. I don't want to do it after we get home because my kids bedtime is at 830 and with my ob you never know when you are going to get out of there if he gets behind if he has to deliver a baby or whatever. Like this Thursday I have an appointment so I got my kids each a tv dinner and then I got myself 2 because they don't fill you up just eating one. Is that ok if it is just once in a while? Even with me being pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I think it ok once in a while but there are other things you can make that is really quick and no hassel that would be better for all of you. TV dinners are really high in sodium.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 9:20 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• i usually feed my son one like once a week...either because i'm lazy or because he wants it. or just because
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:21 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I agree that once in awhile is not a huge deal but you could make a sandwich, rollup, something quick also.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:23 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Here is a website that has dinners you can make in 15 mins or less.

http://recipes.slides.kaboose.com/126-easy-dinners-15-minutes-or-less
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 9:26 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• see thats the thing is I don't even know how to make something quick or how I would have time because my dd gets home at 245 from the bus. I go through her papers she brings home. We start homework as soon as I go through her stuff. We do her book which takes anywhere from 5-10 minutes depending on how long the book is. So that is at about about 3 or 305 by the time we get done with that. Then I start her paper homework which takes about 20 minutes - half hour depending on what she has to do so the time then is anywhere from 320-330. Then I have to give both kids baths I wash them and hair get them straight out (notime to play lol) that takes about 20 minutes to do both since I also have them brush teeth. so that is about 340 or 350 I have to get my 3 year old dressed and brush hair and then I have to get my 6 year old in ballet clothes and then get her shoes out for ballet and then braid her hair cont
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:31 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• t right there is after 4 then I have to get in shave my legs and brush teeth and get out do hair get dressed and do makeup so then it is time to leave. I have to leave at 515
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:32 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I thought it was unhealthy to do it all the time? My nephew is 2.5 and ever since he was able to eat table food he eats either cinnamon rolls, toast with cinnamon or pop tarts for breakfast. Lunch he is at the daycare Monday, Wednesday. Then on Tuesdays, Thursdays, saturdays and sundays he eats tv dinners for lunch that is it. He never gets a homecooked meal so he is very picky. My sister lives with her boyfriend which lives with his parents and she doesn't cook and then my sister says she doesn't want to buy and cook for his family too so she gives tv dinners and even for dinner every single day that is what he gets
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:40 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Quesadilla are also really quick go to and you can put all kinds of things in them. Leftover chicken, beef, sauteed veggies,etc. But I don't think it will hurt you or them if they have a TV dinner now and then. Just be careful of the sodium. Some of them can have more than the daily allotted amount for an adult. Let alone for a child.

Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 9:43 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• As long as you're feeding them, you're fine. It won't hurt them or the baby you're carrying.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 9:48 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• try making stuff before she gets home. that way you arent so over whelmed and exhausted with everything
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:52 AM on Apr. 19, 2011