What do you use to straighten your kids hair to keep it smooth?

My daughter is 8 and has gorgeous hair but when it dries, it gets frizzy. I need help I do staighten it but don't want to do more damage. She has PR hair, mixed with my irish so it is blonde....

I don't want to use a straightening kit, I want after products or while I am straightening it products what do you use? My other daughter has my hair wavy yet does not curl up she takes after mom, can she use it too...

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 9:34 AM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Why not let it be curly?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Lotion! it will stop the frizz, just a bit in your hands and smooth it down her hair
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:40 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Oppss, it would look ridiculous when it dries it gets too frizzy.
    KFree907

Comment by KFree907 (original poster) at 9:44 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Dd is starting to have my Italian curls. We use a leave in conditioner that fights humidity like John Frieda/Frizzease Let it dry naturally and then I hotpress it straight with an iron. Then follow up with a pump type hairspray.

http://www.johnfrieda.com/en-US/ProductFamily/Hair-Care/Frizz-Ease

jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:47 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• does she actually have curl or waves..or is it just wiry, and then becomes frizzy after a while? there are multitudes of products for textured hair, and most of the time, they don't work because the user doesn't use them correctly...either you aren't using enough product, applying it correctly, or doing something after its applied to 'disturb' the texture/curl.
    what is your mode of styling for either DDs hair? that may help me understand your problem better....
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:48 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• It is really curly when it it wet but the top frizzes, It is very difficult to wet. When I wash it i must do it in the sink because it seems to dry fairly quick this is the top and front, the ends are wet but it is so difficult to work with...
    KFree907

Comment by KFree907 (original poster) at 10:08 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• i pm-ed you.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:54 AM on Apr. 19, 2011